Thinking of remodeling? Or adding on to your home? Considering new siding, windows or a deck addition? Wondering how much a new kitchen or bathroom would add to the value of your home?
The Royal Oak Dream Home Expo may have the answers to many of your questions.
Architects, building contractors, home builders, home improvement and remodeling firms, landscaping companies and the City Building and Planning Departments will be at Royal Oak Middle School on Saturday to help you turn the home in the city you love into your dream home. This annual event, which is open to the public, attracted more than 1,000 Royal Oak residents and over 75 vendors last year.
More and more American families are deciding to stay put and improve their existing home. While there are many reasons that people choose to remodel, the bottom line is that remodeling makes your home a more enjoyable place to live. You can modernize the style, make it more comfortable, and improve energy-efficiency and home functionality, while increasing the value of your home. Remodeling is a sure investment in your home.
“This is Royal Oak’s version of the builder’s show,” said Jason Craig, Royal Oak Building Official. “There will be something for everyone, whether you want to build a new home, add on or remodel your present home. It is a time saver for people with busy lifestyles. Rather than sit home and wait for contractors, you can meet with them at the Dream Home Expo.”
City officials will be on hand to explain building codes, review with residents what they can build on their lot, calculate the amount of lot coverage allowed, and review site plans and set back requirements. “At Dream Home Expo, people can get an idea of what they can build. Most people don’t know and they often mistakenly think they have to move,” said Craig.
The event helps Royal Oak residents identify easy, convenient and affordable ways to either remodel or add on to their homes,” said Shawn Lewis-Lakin, Superintendent of the Royal Oak Schools/
The school district has been a sponsor of the event since it was first held in 1998. “The strength of our schools and our community are inextricably linked. Families who experience excellence in our schools want to discover how their homes can grow as their families grow. This event provides the resources families seek so that they can continue to live, learn and grow in Royal Oak.”
2012 Dream Home Expo participants
- Aaron’s Home Improvement
- Action Fence of Michigan. Inc.
- Advanced Cabinetry
- Air-Master Heating & Cooling
- Bennett & Son Building Company, Inc.
- Big Brush Painting
- Boedeker Construction Inc.
- Brightside Painting
- Bryden Homes Corporation
- Budget Blinds of Birmingham
- Button's Rent-It
- City of Royal Oak
- Classic Remodeling Services
- Cobblestone Cabinets
- Comfort Plus Heating & Cooling
- Continental Building Co., Inc.
- Creative Remodeling Solutions
- Custom Cedar Fences
- Dean Electric
- Ekocite Architecture
- Father and Son Construction
- Four Seasons Garden Center
- Frederick Collins Construction
- Grand Central Self Storage
- G.T. Concrete & Masonry
- Hard Rock Stone Works Inc.
- Italy American Construction
- Kastler Construction
- Krieger Klatt Architects, Inc.
- Krieger Associates Interiors & Cabinetry
- Marblecast of Michigan Kitchens & Bath
- Metro Glass Block
- Michigan Pete Landscaping
- Mulligan Construction & Window Replacement Co.
- Murray Built Construction
- North Bound Construction Inc.
- OUR Credit Union
- Pine Building Company, Inc.
- Pro Home Improvement
- Quality Home Improvements
- Ramtra Home Value Improvements
- Renewal by Andersen
- Robert R. Jones Homes
- Royal Oak Schools
- S.A.S. Construction
- Sears Garage Solutions
- Squeaky Clean Ducts, Inc.
- Stamped Concrete Specialists
- Tarnow Door, Inc.
- The Guy Home Improvement
- The Watson Company
- Total Home Solutions
- Total Lawn Care
- Vincent James Construction, L.L.C.
- Vinsetta Gardens
- WideOpenWest Michigan (WOW)
- Woodward Brick & Stone, LLC
If you go
Event: Dream Home Expo
When: Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where: Royal Oak Middle School, 709 N. Washington
Cost: Admission and parking are free
Source: Dream Home Expo