"Royal Oak Full Day Kindergarten Information Night Program" and is for parents of students eligible for fall 2012 kindergarten. The Program, sponsored by Royal Oak Schools, Oakland Schools and the MOMS Club of Royal Oak, will be presented Wednesday, Feb. 29, 7:00 p.m. at Royal Oak Middle School Gathering Place, 709 N Washington, Royal Oak.
- For Parents of Students Eligible for Fall 2012 Kindergarten
- Royal Oak Schools will offer full day kindergarten in each of its six elementary schools beginning Fall 2012.
- Superintendent Shawn Lewis-Lakin will give an overview of the Royal Oak All Day Kindergarten curriculum.
- Dr. Joan Firestone, Early Childhood Director of Oakland Schools and nationally recognized leader in early childhood education, will present research on and the benefits of developmentally appropriate full day kindergarten.
- A question and answer session will follow.
When: Wednesday, Feb. 29 7:00 p.m.
Where: Royal Oak Middle School, Gathering Place, 709 N. Washington, Royal Oak
Royal Oak Schools is a Schools of Choice District for Oakland County residents in Kindergarten – Third Grades.
Children who turn five on or before Dec. 1 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten and become members of the Royal Oak High School (ROHS) class of 2025. However, if a parent of a student who will turn five before Dec. 1 feels that their child is not ready for kindergarten, they are welcome to enroll in our four/five year old preschool program. Such children would then enroll in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year and become members of the ROHS class of 2026.
Contact: Paula Sutterfield (248) 435-8400 or Becky McLennan (248) 557-5080
Source: Royal Oak Schools