Re-Imagining Community is Building Bridges to New Future
Re-Imagining Community – Leadership Development Workshops are action oriented for community leaders, youth and concerned citizens.
The day-long events begin with a room full of strangers - from all races, religions and walks of life - and will end with a room full of friends, colleagues and potential partners.
Over the course of the day participants will:
- Identify the things that separate us
- Identify the things that connect us
- Engage in activities that will break down the walls of separation
When: Saturday, Jan. 14 OR Sunday, Jan. 15
Time: 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 14: Fort Street Presbyterian Church, 631 Fort St. Detroit, MI 48226
- Sunday, Jan. 15: Mahany/Meininger Senior Center, 3500 Marias, Royal Oak, MI 48073
More information: Community leaders in Southeast Michigan are encouraged to attend. Participation is open to anyone 16 years or older. Tuition is $50 and $15 for students. Scholarships are available.
About B8M: Bridging 8 Mile is an initiative developed by everyday citizens dedicated to transforming Detroit, its suburbs, its people and the way we relate to one another. Bridging 8 Mile was founded on the belief that when people unite for the greater good, positive change is inevitable. Our ultimate goal is to connect COMMUNITIES, inspire COMPASSION and take ACTION. Visit www.bridging8mile.org.
Source: Bridging 8 Mile