Royal Oak Home and Garden Tour Set for June 23
The 2012 Royal Oak Woman’s Club Home and Garden Tour, scheduled for June 23, offers a wonderful selection of some of the finest homes in Royal Oak.
This city wide self-guided home tour, sponsored by the non-profit Royal Oak Woman’s Club, offers a rare opportunity to experience the craftsmanship, architecture and unique features of some of the most impressive residences in this popular community.
With six stops, the tour showcases homes with varied themes and passions including:
- stunning multi-level Mission-influenced home
- classic Craftsman bungalow, with coffered ceiling, leaded glass windows, lovingly restored to its original beauty
- Dutch Colonial, decorated in traditional décor
- former commercial building converted to a one-of-a-kind, design-oriented 5,000 sq. ft. loft, with a show car displayed in the living space
Award winning homes
The homes featured this year contain a number of award winners including:
- First Place: Interior Use of Tile from Detroit Home 2011 Design Awards
- "Residential Beautification Award" from Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce
- featured home in 2011 National Association of the Remodeling Industry Home Tour
In addition, one of the home owners was chosen to be the contractor for a project featured on HGTV's “House Crashers."
Your tour will also include the Royal Oak’s Historical Society Museum – housed in a converted vintage firehouse. Trained docents will direct and educate participants at each site.
The city-wide tour starts at the Royal Oak Woman’s Club, 404 S. Pleasant. Tour hours are 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tickets are $20 in advance or $25 at the door on the day of the event. Advance tickets may be purchased by contacting Laura Hewson at 248-808-1528, online at www.rowc.org or at the following locations: