Royal Oak’s A. J. Desmond & Son Funeral Directors is hosting a special Veterans Day Memorial Tribute honoring men and women who are and have served our country.
Both Senator Carl Levin and Congressman Sander Levin will be speaking at the very moving – and uplifting – event. Attendees will be instilled with a renewed sense of pride and gratitude for those who are and have served our nation.
Veterans Day is celebrated annually on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War One. The term of “veteran” applies to anyone that has honorably served his or her country.
If you go
- What: Veterans Day Memorial Tribute with U.S. Sen. Carl Levin and U.S. Rep. Congressman Sander Levin
- When: Saturday, Nov. 3, 2 p.m.
- Where: A. J. Desmond & Sons Vasu, Rodgers & Connell Chapel, 32515 Woodward, four blocks south of 14 Mile Rd.
- Who: Special tribute to nation’s veterans. More than 200 people expected to attend, including active military, veterans, families of deceased veterans and local dignitaries and elected officials.
- Highlights: Military honors, rifle salute, and taps honoring local veterans; special concert by All American House choir; video tribute and display of photos, medals and commendations received by area service men and women.