5 Things to Know this Week: Community Awards, Zoo Boo, Spooktacular
We've got the latest on Halloween activities, a spaghetti dinner and more in Royal Oak.
There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
- Community Awards on Tuesday: The 65th Annual Royal Oak Community Awards hosted by the Chamber of Commerce take place at Emagine Theatre from 6-9 p.m. Additional information can be found on the Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce website at www.royaloakchamber.com.
- Royal Oak Woman’s Club Meet & Greet on Tuesday: Women are invited to stop by the clubhouse, located at 404 S. Pleasant Street, from 7-8:30 p.m. Attendees will learn about the Royal Oak Woman’s Club, as well as meet and get to know current members. To register for the event or for more information, please call Emily at 248-762-6465.
- Women's Club spaghetti dinner Friday: All-you-can-eat meat or vegetarian spaghetti with regular or gluten-free noodles, tossed salad, bread, dessert and beverage costs just $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $4 for children age 4-12). Children younger than 4 eat free. The semiannual spaghetti dinner is at the Royal Oak Women's Club at Fourth and Pleasant Streets. Dinner will be served from 4:30-7 p.m. For reservations, please call Janis at 248-549-3701.
- Spooktacular on Sunday: Royal Oak presents its 29th annual Spooktacular. Parents are invited to bring their children downtown in their Halloween costumes for trick-or-treating. More than 60 businesses will offer candy and goodies from 2-4. p.m.
- Zoo Boo on Friday, Saturday and Sunday: The Detroit Zoo’s annual “merry-not-scary” Zoo Boo celebration returns this Halloween season, featuring a festively decorated half-mile trick-or-treat trail through the front of the Zoo. Presented by the Michigan Education Savings Program, Zoo Boo will take place the evenings of Oct. 26-28 from 6 to 8 p.m., rain or shine. Advance tickets for Zoo Boo can be purchased at Booth One at the front of the Detroit Zoo or online at www.detroitzoo.org/events/zoo-boo. Tickets are $7 per person ages 2 and up.