5 Things to Know this Week: Tree Lighting Ceremony, Holiday Marketplace and More
There's a lot going on in Royal Oak this week. What do you have planned?
There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
- Liquor Control Committee meets on Monday: At 4 p.m., the Royal Oak Liquor Control Committee will meet on the third floor of City Hall. The committee meets monthly and is a good forum to attend if you are interested in learning about new or current businesses interested in obtaining a liquor license or ongoing liquor license issues.
- Service of Remembrance on Wednesday: Wm. Sullivan & Son Funeral Directors will host a service of remembrance at 7 p.m. in its new ceremonial chapel. The event will include a scripture reading, a message, music and a candle lighting ceremony. It will be led by Rev. Renee Machiniak, pastor at the Church of the Holy City in Royal Oak and chaplain at Beaumont Hospital. The service is open to the public, with advance registration requested at 248-541-7000.
- Holiday Marketplace on Thursday: Get an early start on holiday shopping. Over 60 local crafters, artisans and Royal Oak merchants will be at the Royal Oak Farmers Market. from 4-8 p.m.
- Family and pet-friendly fundraiser on Thursday: Usher in the holiday season and help keep families in our community warm this winter by attending “Heat a Home for the Holidays - A Night of Family Fun,” a benefit for The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW) hosted by English Gardens. This special family and pet-friendly fundraising event will raise support and awareness for families in our area who are struggling to stay warm. The event takes place from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at English Gardens
- Tree Lighting Ceremony on Thursday: Join carolers, the Salvation Army Band and the Royal Oak Children’s Choir while waiting for a visit from Santa. The jolly elf will flick the switch to light the holiday tree. This event takes place from 6:15-7 p.m. at the Royal Oak Farmers Market.
Correction the LLC meets at 4 p.m. today.