5 Things to Know this Week: Election Day, Food Truck Rally, Veterans Day and More
There's a lot going on in Royal Oak this week. What do you have planned?
There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
- Drug expert speaks on Monday: Learn how to talk to your children about drugs in a meaningful way. Ken Krygel, drug and alcohol expert, will present a program on the recreational drug culture in high school from 6 – 8 p.m. in the Royal Oak High School Auditorium. A free parent handbook will be distributed.
- Vote on Tuesday: The polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Know where you vote before you head out. See Royal Oak’s precinct map.
- Food truck rally on Wednesday: It's a food truck rally from 5-9 p.m. at the Royal Oak Farmers Market. Bring the whole family for a gathering of Metro Detroit's finest food trucks and live music. Your favorite trucks will be there, including, The Mac Shack, El Guapo, Green Zebra, Jacque’s Tacos, Treat Dreams, Chow Catering, JP Salgados (Brazilian) and more.
- Zoning Board of Appeals meets Thursday: The Zoning Board of Appeals meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Veterans Day ceremony on Sunday: Join the Royal Oak Memorial Society in honoring veterans at 11 a.m. on Nov. 11 at the Veteran’s Memorial Plaza located between City Hall and the Royal Oak Public Library.