5 Things to Know this Week: City Meetings, St. Patrick’s Day Parade Fundraiser and More
There's a lot going on in Royal Oak this week. What do you have planned?
t's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- The Downtown Development Authority meets Wednesday: The DDA meeting starts at 4 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Royal Oak Schools Go on Midwinter Break Wednesday: Royal Oak Schools go on break this week as part of their midwinter recess. Classes resume on Feb. 25.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade Fundraiser on Thursday: The Oakland County Ancient Order of Hibernians hosts an all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner at the VFW Post 1669, 214 E. Fourth St., between 5:30-7:30 p.m. Adults $10; children (under 12) $6. All proceeds will go for parade expenses.
- Jaycees meet on Thursday: The Royal Oak Jaycees will hold its monthly General Membership Meeting at 7 p.m. at the Salter Community Center to discuss the chapter's upcoming events and projects. This is also a great opportunity for prospective members to learn more about the organization. The meeting will be followed by an afterglow at a Royal Oak restaurant. For more information, check out the Royal Oak Jaycees at www.facebook.com/RoyalOakJaycees.