5 Things to Know This Week: Planning Commission Meets, Candidate Forum, Town Hall Meeting
There's a lot going on in Royal Oak this week. What do you have planned?
It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- Planning Commission meets Tuesday: The Planning Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Candidate Forum on Tuesday: The League of Women Voters Oakland Area and Patch will co-sponsor a candidate forum for the 9th Congressional district at 7 p.m. at the Madison Heights City Hall, 300 W. 13 Mile Rd. The forum will feature the two candidates for the U.S. House of Representatives, Democrat Sander Levin and Republican Don Volaric.
- Town Hall Meeting on Wednesday: The Royal Oak Chamber of Commerce and the League of Women Voters will co-host a public forum on the public safety and school sinking fund proposals appearing on the November ballot. The meeting will take place from 7-8:30 p.m.at the Royal Oak Public Library. The evening will include short presentations by the city and school district and responses to written questions from the audience.
- Zoning Board of Appeals meets Thursday: The Zoning Board meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Royal Oak Symphany Orchestra concert on Friday: The first concert of the new fall season will be held in the Dondero Auditorium at Royal Oak Middle School at 8 p.m Friday. Adam Riccinto will conduct a program featuring Joseph Haydn's Concerto in C major for cello and orchestra, Antonín Dvořák's 8th Symphony in G major, and Overture to Zampa by Louis Joseph Ferdinand Hérold. Tickets for adults are $10; students/seniors $7; and those 18 and under admitted free.