Arts, Beats & Eats Crime Briefs: Public Urination, Disorderly Conduct
The following information was supplied by the Royal Oak Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Following is a roundup of police incidents at Arts, Beat & Eats:
Arts, Beats & Eats related incidents
- Seventh and Washington, Aug. 31: Royal Oak officers observed a person cursing at bystanders and carnival ride attendants. The subject was intoxicated and in possession of an open bottle of vodka. The person was arrested for public intoxication.
- Sonic, 305 W. 11 Mile, Aug. 31: Royal Oak officers were dispatched to Sonic to investigate a disorderly person in the parking lot. Officers located the intoxicated person and observed him yelling, swearing and challenging others to fight. Officers attempted to arrest the subject for disorderly conduct when he began to spit and kick at the officers. The subject was eventually subdued and taken into custody.
- Sixth and Main, Sept. 1: Royal Oak officers observed an intoxicated person swearing at others as they passed. He was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- Main and Seventh, Sept. 1: Royal Oak officers responded to assist event security with a disorderly person yelling obscenities. The officers placed the person under arrest for disorderly conduct.
- Main and Seventh, Sept. 2: Royal Oak officers observed an intoxicated female patron fall into a group of people standing in front of her. The person became belligerent with the investigating officers and continued to cause a public disturbance in the crowd. She was arrested for disorderly conduct.
- Lafayette Parking Structure, 300 S. Lafayette, Sept. 2: Royal Oak officers were dispatched to investigate a domestic assault. A woman reported her husband had struck her and backhanded his 6-year-old daughter while on the third floor deck. Both victims had minor injuries from the assault. The man was gone when the officers arrived. Royal Oak officers located him a short time later in the area of Forestdale and Woodward were he was arrested for domestic assault and child abuse.
- Fifth and Center, Sept. 3: Royal Oak officers arrested a person for pulling his pants down in plain view of the public and urinated in the street. When the officers approached the person, he attempted to run away. He was captured by the officers and arrested for indecent exposure and resisting and obstructing.
- Third and Center, Sept. 3: Royal Oak officers were dispatched to a fight in the area of Fourth and Center. Upon arrival, event security was escorting several people from the festival. Witnesses identified another individual involved in the fight. Officers approached the person and attempted to place him under arrest. The person resisted and pulled away from the officers. The officers forced the person to the ground were he continued to resist. The person received a cut to his forehead. When the officers attempted to place the arrested person into a police car, he continued to struggle and spit in an officers face. The person was found to be in possession of several bags of marijuana. The person was charged with assault and battery, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana.
- O’Tooles, 205 W. Fifth, Sept. 3: Royal Oak officers responded to a domestic assault in which initial reports were that a woman’s face had been slashed. The officers arrived to the area and located the person who was fleeing on foot. The person was placed under arrest for domestic assault. The investigation revealed the person knocked a glass out of the victim’s hand. The glass struck the victim in the face causing a small cut above her eye.