Fun Happenings Nearby This Weekend
Check out the Our Lady of La Salette Fall FunFest carnival, shop for art in Berkley or Birmingham, snag deals on kids' items at a Mom 2 Mom sale in Royal Oak, get a henna tattoo in Ferndale or pick up fresh produce in Clawson.
There's a lot going on in our area this weekend, so we've collected some of the highlights to share with you.
- When: 5-11 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: Our Lady of La Salette Catholic School and Academy parking lot.
- Cost: Admission is free; activity prices vary.
- Why go: There will be carnival rides, food, games and more. Free entertainment will include Steve King and the Dittillies from 7 to 11 p.m. Friday and Moose & da Sharks from 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday. There also will be raffles throughout the weekend including a drawing at 5 p.m. Sunday with a $5,000 prize.
- What else: Visit lasalette-church.org or call 248-541-3762 for more information.
- When: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: South Old Woodward and Merrill south of Maple in Birmingham.
- Cost: Free.
- Why Go: Common Ground will hold the 38th annual Street Art Fair this weekend in downtown Birmingham. Produced in association with the Guild of Artists and Artisans, the fair will spotlight artwork from more than 160 juried artists and artisans, most of which will be available for purchase. The fair is a major fundraiser for Common Ground, a nonprofit emergency help line for adults, youths and families in crisis.
- When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Yellow Door Art Market, 3145 12 Mile Road, Berkley.
- Cost: Admission is free; prices vary.
- Why go: Shop the market's second annual tent sale for discounted Michigan-made art, jewelry, clothing and more.
- What else: Call 248-336-2038 or visit yellowdoorartmarket.com for more information.
Shrine Mom 2 Mom Sale
- When: 8:30 a.m. to noon Saturday.
- Where: Shrine Grade School, 1621 Linwood Ave, Royal Oak.
- Cost: $2 at 8:30 a.m.; $1 at 9 a.m.
- Why go: Shop more than 70 tables of clothing, baby items, books and toys at deeply discounted prices.
- What else: Strollers are allowed after 10:00 am. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Last Rays of Summer Henna Open House
- When: 6:30-10 p.m. Saturday.
- Where: Alchemy, 22750 Woodward Ave, Ferndale.
- Cost: Designs range from $5 to $25.
- Why go: Krisy McCurry of Henna Trails will offer henna designs, including roses and summer rays, in honor of the fall equinox. Drinks and snacks will be served.
- What else: Call 248-797-0416 or visit alchemyhenna.comfor more information.
Clawson Farmers Market
- When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Sunday.
- Where: City Park, West Elmwood and North Custer Avenues, Clawson.
- Cost: Free.
- Why go: The Clawson Farmers Market features locally grown food and plants, as well as handcrafts and prepared food items from vendors all over Michigan.
- What else: Call 248-435-6500 or visit clawsonfarmersmarket.info for more information.
Know of an upcoming event in our area? Promote it for free on Patch!