La Feast Restaurant Reopens in Royal Oak
After major repairs, the Middle Eastern diner back in business.
La Feast restaurant reopened its doors Saturday at 315 S. Main St.
The building sat empty for months after suffering damage in 2011 when the roof collapsed resulting in broken water and gas lines and the closure of four other businesses in the vicinity of the restaurant. But the past few months have seen a flurry of activity to return the dining room to its former glory.
"Everything is brand new, except for the menu and the cooks. They are the same," said owner Mohamed Afify.
Mariam and Abner Roman, of Ferndale, brought 22-month-old Gabriel to La Feast on Monday for lunch.
"We used to come here all the time. We didn't know why it closed," said Mariam. "We're glad it reopened. We don't want to have to drive to Dearborn for authentic Lebanese food."
The Romans praised La Feast's customer service and reasonable prices.
"Overall, it's a very good restaurant," Abner said.
If you go
- Where: La Feast is located at 315 S. Main St.
- Hours: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday; 10 a.m. - midnight Friday and Saturday
- Prices: Sandwiches $3.75-$3.99; entrees $13-99-$15.99; appetizers $6.99-$10.99
- Breakfast: Menu includes eggs, veggie omelet, saute omelet and Greek omelet
- Lunch specials: Any sandwich with salad or soup $6.99; any plate with salad or soup and rice or fries $9.99
La Feast also serves raw juices, salads, soups, burgers, desserts and Mediterranean pizza. Party trays are also available.
Are you looking forward to eating at La Feast? Let us know in the comments below.