Moonlight Mondays: Experience Inside|Out by Flashlight
Join an evening walking tour and learn more about the six high-quality DIA reproductions scattered throughout downtown Royal Oak.
Experience fine art by flashlight in downtown Royal Oak.
Royal Oak is one of 13 Michigan communities selected to host the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) Inside|Out program. Six high-quality reproductions of art pieces from the DIA’s collection were installed in an outdoor art show.
Beginning tonight, join a guided walking tour of Inside|Out. The tour begins at the Royal Oak Public Library. Wear your walking shoes and bring a flashlight.
Royal Oak's art pieces include:
- Cotopaxi by Frederic Edwin Church, on Mark Ridley's Comedy Castle
- Warrior with Two Pages by Peter Paul Rubens on Pronto
- Selene and Endymion by Nicolas Poussin on Noir Leather
- Eleonora of Toledo and her Son by Agnolo Bronzino on Ariana Gallery
- The Recitation by Thomas Wilmer Dewing outside the Royal Oak Public Library
- Staunch Friends by William Federick Yeames on Qdoba Mexican Grille
If you go
- What: DIA Inside|Out walking tour
- Where: Tour starts at the Royal Oak Public Library
- When: 9 p.m. on July 16; July 30, Aug. 13, Aug. 27; Sept. 10 and Sept. 24
- Bring: Comfortable shoes and a flashlight
- Cost: Free