Police Blotter: Cars, Bikes, Jewelry, Dog Grooming Tools Stolen
The following information was supplied by the Royal Oak Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Cars stolen and theft incidents dominated reports to the Royal Oak Police Department during the past week:
- Barton Towers, 333 N. Troy, Aug. 26: A woman reported someone stole her beige Mazda 6 from the parking lot.
- Mathew-Hargreaves, 2000 E. 12 Mile, Aug. 23: The business reported a man came to inquire about a 2005 Red Dodge Magnum. He took the vehicle for a test drive and never returned. The man is described as 5-feet 6-inches to 5-feet 7-inches tall, weighing 155-160 pounds, with a medium build.
- Allenhurst and Main Street, Aug. 26: A woman located her white 2006 Mazda 6 in the middle of the roadway close to where she had originally parked it. A man noticed someone broke the driver side window and pushed it to the middle of the street.
- Fifth and Knowles, Aug. 25: A man reported someone stole his red 1999 Chrysler Concord.
- 1700 block of Gardenia, Aug. 27: A woman reported someone stole her 1995 Dodge Neon.
- 100 block of Allenhurst, Aug. 27: A woman reported someone stole her blue 2004 Jeep Liberty.
- Oakland Community College, 739 S. Washington, Aug. 29: A man reported someone stole his green 1996 GMC van.
- 1600 block of Hoffman, Aug. 27: A woman reported someone entered her home and stole jewelry. Officers were unable to locate any signs of forced entry.
- 1005 N. Stephenson, Aug. 29: A woman reported someone entered her home and stole jewelry from the bedroom. Officers were unable to locate any signs of forced entry.
Breaking and entering
- 200 block of Baker, Aug. 27: A man reported someone broke into his storage locker and stole over 1,000 CDs.
- Beaumont Health Center, 4949 Coolidge, Aug. 23: A woman reported someone stole the license plate from her vehicle.
- Barnes & Noble, 500 S. Main, Aug. 23: A woman reported someone stole her cell phone.
- 1300 block of Marywood, Aug. 24: A woman reported someone stole three of her children’s bicycles from her front yard. The bicycles are described as a blue and yellow Sho-Gun, a blue Schwinn, and a silver and red Trouble Maker.
- 100 S. Main, Aug. 27: A man reported someone stole his black and yellow Huffy bicycle.
- Royal Oak Gym, 1600 N. Stephenson, Aug. 27: A woman reported someone stole her watch and ring from an unsecured locker.
- Rite Aid, 1026 N. Main, Aug. 28: A man reported someone stole his wallet.
Malicious damage to property
- 1700 block of W. Farnum, Aug. 25: A man reported someone threw a brick through the front passenger side window of his vehicle.
- 900 block of Greenleaf, Aug. 29: A woman reported someone smashed the driver side mirror of her vehicle.
- 3300 block of Greenfield, Aug. 28: A woman reported someone gouged the seats and frames on her children’s two bicycles.
- 2100 block of Dallas, Aug. 29: A woman reported someone smashed out the rear passenger window on her 2012 Chrysler 200.
Items taken from cars
- 1100 block of W. Farnum, Aug. 26: A man reported someone threw a rock through the rear window of his vehicle and stole a watch, laptop, shoes, and several CD’s.
- 1400 block of W. Farnum, Aug. 26: A woman reported someone broke the driver side window on her vehicle and stole a set of dog grooming tools.
- 1200 block of Etowah, Aug. 24: A man reported someone broke the front passenger side window on his 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 2100 block of Dallas, Aug. 29: A man reported someone entered his unlocked Chrysler 200 and stole the in-dash GPS unit, CD’s, jacket, and other miscellaneous items.
- 1000 block of Wyandotte, Aug. 29: A woman reported someone broke the passenger side window on her 2008 Jeep Cherokee and stole the in-dash GPS unit along with several pieces of clothing.
- 300 block of E. Farnum, Aug. 25: A man reported someone struck his legally parked 1999 Plymouth Voyager and fled the scene. Officers determined the striking vehicle was a Cadillac STS.
- Farmers Market Parking Lot, Third and Troy, Aug. 25: Royal Oak officers were dispatched to check the welfare of a subject sleeping in his vehicle. The officers noticed the subject was in possession of drug paraphernalia and removed him from his vehicle. Further investigation revealed the suspect was in possession of heroin and was placed under arrest. The suspect began to flee on foot during the arrest process and had to be subdued. The suspect was arrested for possession of heroin, drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
- McDonald's, 30807 Woodward Avenue, Aug. 28: A man reported a female in her 20s, with long brown hair, placed an order using the drive-through window. When then woman got to the window to pay for the order, she pointed a black handgun at the cashier and demanded all of the money. The cashier quickly left the window area and the woman fled the area in a red SUV style vehicle. The woman did not obtain any money from the business.
If you have any information on any of these incidents, you can call Royal Oak Police at (248) 246-3500.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com.