Royal Oak Restaurants Cook Up Specials for Arts, Beats & Eats
Look for a BBQ Alley, Dessert District, International Block and your favorite Royal Oak restaurants at this weekend's big event.
Arts, Beats & Eats' expanded footprint means this year’s event will have the largest array of culinary offerings in the event’s 13 year history with nearly 70 food vendors – and Royal Oak restaurants will be well-represented.
Among the Royal Oak restaurants on the site will be Little Tree Sushi, Leo's Coney Island, Sangria, What Crepe?, Pronto! and BlackFinn. Gayle’s Chocolates will be part of an expanded Dessert District.
The 36-foot-long Soaring Eagle Cuisine Machine, a restaurant on wheels, will offer Siniikaung Signature Beef, Isabella’s Lasagna and prime rib.
Nearly all vendors will provide healthy food options. Priority Health is sponsoring a contest that will let visitors know what are the best food choices for maintaining a healthful diet.
Heart Healthy Fare
Priority Health has identified restaurants with healthy food items. Look for the heart logo next to food options on each participating restaurant's menu.
- Camelia's Mexican Grill: carne (steak) asada (lean meat)
- Gayle's Chocolates: whole fruit dipped into dark chocolate (fruit, flavonoids on the dark chocolate)
- Holiday Market: gazpacho, chicken bratwurst
- Little Tree Sushi: cucumber and avocado roll (all veggie, high omega 3s in avocado); chili tuna roll (spicy and fresh fish); California roll
- Pizza Rustica: garden, Caesar or caprese salad (fresh veggies and herbs, ask for dressing on the side)
- Salsarita's: fresh chips and salsa (the chips are fried, but the salsa is fresh veggies and it is a controlled portion size)
- Ideal Bite: ginger chicken wrap (use of lean poultry, the ginger seasoning, and reduced carbs because it's a wrap)
- Treat Dreams: gourmet frozen pops (fresh fruit used)
- Baja Smoothies: fresh/whole fruit smoothies
- BlackFinn: black bean slider (meat alternative, beans are fiber-dense, filling) and chicken skewer (grilled lean poultry, well-seasoned)
- Palm Palace: chicken schwarma – a reduced portion size would be viable, or just the chicken without the pita
- Woody's Diner: chicken fajita wrap (lean poultry, quick cooked veggies, reduced carbs with the wrap)
- Cafe Habana: gazpacho
- Cosi: turkey light sandwich (honey mustard, turkey tenders, romaine); Tomato.Basil.Mozzarella sandwich (all veggies and herbs)
- La Marsa: chicken kabob (lean poultry, fresh veggies, grilled).
- Om Cafe: nori or avocado roll (high-intensity nutrients in each); Seiten pepper stick
- Sangria: black bean hummus (nutrient-dense black beans, non-meat alternative)
- Soaring Eagle: shrimp cocktail (little fat, spicy, light)
- Uptown Catering: chipotle Lime Chicken Tacos (spicy, fresh limes/tomatoes/herbs, lean poultry, reduced carbs in the tortilla)
2011 participating restaurants by location
Washington (north of Fourth)
Cameila's Mexican Grill
Trenton Ice Cream
Little Tree Sushi and Katana Japanese Steakhouse
International Block (Center, west of Washington)
The Ideal Bite
Fourth Street (east of Washington)
Soaring Eagle Casino
Washington (between Fourth and Fifth streets)
Fifth Street (east of Washington)
Washington (between Fifth and Sixth)
Washington (between Sixth and Seventh)
The Melting Pot of Troy
Andre's Lousiana Seafood Sandwich Shop
California Pizza Kitchen
Trenton Ice Cream
Art Area (on Washington, between Seventh and Lincoln)
BBQ ALLEY (on Center, between Second and Fifth)
Dessert District (Center, between Fifth and Sixth)
Trenton Ice Cream
The Churro Factory
The Cutting Board
Cakes from Scratch
The Almond Hut
Center Street (between Sixth and Seventh)
Main Stage (Sixth, east of Center)
Big Mike's Mexican Grill
Kids Area (Center, south of Seventh)
Pat O'Brien's Sandy Candy