Invite a friend
Launch a Business Series at the Royal Oak Public Library
If you have ever considered starting your own business, attend a 3-week course at the library on Wednesdays, September 12, 19 and 26 at 1:00 pm. Dan Nichols, author of the “Lemonade Stand Simple Business Planning System” will guide you through the details of start-up, determining your unique value and taking the first steps to self-employment. Each attendee will receive the “Lemonade Stand Simple Business Planning System” complete with virtual audio coach and workbook.
Registration is requested. Register online at ropl.org or call the adult reference desk at 248-246-3727 for more information about this free program.
More About Royal Oak Public Library
Royal Oak voters approved a bond in the mid-2000s to pay for extensive library renovations that created this bright, airy space with an engaging children's section, large lounging and reading area, a friends' store, meeting rooms and computer center. Residents can use computers and rent movies for free. A wireless signal in the library covers the building itself and the grounds, which include a large garden, area for outdoor concerts and the Star Dream fountain. The library has become technologically savvy the last few years with an extensive website, teen blog about reading and books, and a Facebook page.
Other events here
- Education Town Hall Tomorrow, May 22, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- FREE FILM SHOWING GENETIC ROULETTE Sat, Jun 1, 2:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Elder Care program at the Royal Oak Public Library Thu, Jun 6, 7:00 pm
- Summer Reading Program begins the Royal Oak Public Library Sat, Jun 8, 10:00 am–6:00 pm
- Getting Personal: Writing Workshop June 10, 2013 / June 24, 2013, 5:30 pm–8:30 pm