Beaumont Health System’s Royal Oak campus is metro Detroit and Michigan’s No. 1 hospital, according to a prestigious ranking from U.S. News & World Report. The hospital earned national rankings in 10 categories.
“This recognition reflects the ongoing work and dedication of the Beaumont team to constantly improve quality, safety and service,” said Beaumont Health System President and CEO Gene Michalski, according to a report in The Daily Tribune.
“It also demonstrates our board’s commitment to providing state-of-the-art technology and facilities for the Beaumont team that allow us to deliver the highest quality care,” he said.
The No. 2 hospital in both the metro and the state was University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers in Ann Arbor. Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids was ranked No. 3 in Michigan. Beaumont Hospital, Troy was ranked No. 4 in Michigan and No. 3 in Metro Detroit
Following are Beaumont Hospital-Royal Oak’s rankings in 10 medical specialities:
- Cardiology and heart surgery : No. 25 nationally, No. 1 in Michigan
- Diabetes and endocrinology: No. 16 nationally, No. 1 in Michigan
- Gastroenterology and GI surgery: No. 20 nationally, No. 1 in Michigan
- Geriatrics - No. 24 nationally, No. 1 in Michigan
- Gynecology - No. 44 nationally.
- Nephrology (kidney) - No. 37 nationally
- Neurology and neurosurgery - No. 35 nationally
- Orthopedics - No. 9 nationally, No. 1 in Michigan
- Pulmonology - No. 22 nationally
- Urology - No. 42 nationally
- The rankings earned by Beaumont’s Troy campus include:
- Diabetes and endocrinology: No. 50 nationally
- Geriatrics: No. 44 nationally
- Pulmonology, No. 27 nationally
Only 3 percent of the nearly 5,000 hospitals analyzed earned a national ranking, and it’s the 20th consecutive year that Beaumont’s Royal Oak campus has earned national rankings.