Fabulous Lenten fish dinners are back at the Royal Oak First United Methodist (ROFUM) Church, 320 W. Seventh St.
"Each year, we feed approximately 2,000 people for five dinners in and around the Lenten season," said Tim Huber of ROFUM. "Since 1996, we’ve served probably 40,000 dinners to the community. The people come back year after year because we buy the best of everything we can buy, we’ve had the same crew for easily 10 years going and we know what we’re doing."
• Icelandic single-frozen cod & haddock
• Northern waters walleye from the coldest lakes
• All white meat chicken tenders
• Extra-long french fries from Idaho
• Fresh-baked apple pies from Traverse City
• Sheet cakes from Sara Lee
• Cadillac Coffee from Detroit
- Petite portion cod, 1/3 lb. deep-fried only: $10
- Full-plate cod, 1/2 lb. baked or deep-fried: $11
- Haddock, 1/2 lb. breaded and deep-fried: $12
- Walleye, 1/2 lb. breaded and deep-fried: $13
- Chicken Tenders, 1/2 lb. deep-fried only: $9; teenagers, (age 13-18) $5; children (age 5 & under) free
All entrees include choice of potato, coleslaw, roll, butter, choice of beverage and fresh-baked apple pie.
Dinner is served from 4:30 - 7 p.m. on the following Fridays:
- Feb. 28
- March 14
- March 28
- April 11
The church is located at 320 W. Seventh St. - 248-541-4100.