The Royal Oak Jaycees are happy to announce that they will be able to donate $1,500 to the Boys & Girls Club of South Oakland County and $1,500 to the Royal Oak Animal Shelter with profits from the 2012 Royal Oak Chili Cook-Off.
The third annual cook-off took place Nov. 10 at the Royal Oak Farmers Market and saw record attendance of more than 500 people. The event featured local bands, kids activities, a silent auction, Michigan beer, celebrity judges and six restaurants competing for several titles. This year’s winners are:
• Best of the Best — Hamlin Corner
• People’s Choice — Town Tavern
• Best Vegetarian — Lily’s Seafood Grill & Brewery
• Most Original — Star Lanes Restaurant and Sports Bar at Emagine Royal Oak
• Spiciest — Hamlin Corner
• Best Turkey Chili — Bagger Dave’s
• Jaycees’ Choice — BlackFinn American Saloon
• Most Creative Booth — Town Tavern
Follow the Royal Oak Chili Cook-Off at www.facebook.com/royaloakchilicookoff for more information and updates on next year’s event.
Source: Royal Oak Jaycees Press Release