Many businesses and city offices will be closed for the Lobaor Day holiday. Here's what to know:
- City offices will be closed Monday.
- The Royal Oak Post Office is closed Sunday and Monday. There will be no mail delivery Monday.
- The Royal Oak Public Library will be closed Friday-Monday. But you can still return books and other borrowed media at the drop boxes near the south entrance and at the curb on 11 Mile Road.
- Most banks will be closed Monday. Call ahead if you are planning a visit.
- Royal Oak garbage pickup will be delayed one day.
- Washington between 2nd and Lincoln, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Lincoln streets between Lafayette and Main, and Center Street between Third and Seventh will be closed due to the Arts, Beats & Eats festival. Some businesses close during the four-day event. It's best to call ahead if you are planning a visit.
The Detroit Zoo will be open 9 a.m.-5 p.m. on Labor Day.
Arts, Beats & Eats is in downtown Royal Oak Friday through Monday.
Emagine and Star Lanes are open all weekend. The lot and parking deck will be $15 for Arts, Beats & Eats guest. For those going bowling, eating or going to the movies, there is a reduced rate at the entertainment complex. Guests need to identify the movie or activity they are attending.
Do you know of a business that will be closed for the holiday or opened extended hours? Tell us in the comments below.