Experience fine art by flashlight in downtown Royal Oak.
Royal Oak is one of 13 Michigan communities selected to host the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) Inside|Out program. Six high-quality reproductions of art pieces from the .
Beginning tonight, join a guided walking tour of Inside|Out. The tour begins at the. Wear your walking shoes and bring a flashlight.
Royal Oak's art pieces include:
- Cotopaxi by Frederic Edwin Church, on
- Warrior with Two Pages by Peter Paul Rubens on
- Selene and Endymion by Nicolas Poussin on
- Eleonora of Toledo and her Son by Agnolo Bronzino on
- The Recitation by Thomas Wilmer Dewing outside the
- Staunch Friends by William Federick Yeames on
If you go
- What: DIA Inside|Out walking tour
- Where: Tour starts at the Royal Oak Public Library
- When: 9 p.m. on July 16; July 30, Aug. 13, Aug. 27; Sept. 10 and Sept. 24
- Bring: Comfortable shoes and a flashlight
- Cost: Free