Are you craving a night out? Want to add some extra culture to your social life? A local classical music concert might be the answer. Patch to the rescue! We have five pairs of tickets to give away to lucky Royal Oak Patch readers to the Jan. 26 Detroit Symphony Orchestra concert in Southfield.
The DSO will perform at Congregation Shaarey Zedek in Southfield as part of its Neighborhood Concert Series. The concert at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 26 features Hans Graf as conductor and Karl Pituck on horn. Pieces include "Invitation to the Dance" and "Overture to Oberon" (Weber), "Horn Concerto No. 4" (Mozart) and "Symphony No. 2" (Schumann).
To enter to win a pair of tickets, tell us in the comments section below what is your favorite way to spend a night out in the Royal Oak area.
Contest rules include:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, submit your comment below telling us what is your favorite way to spend a night out in Royal Oak.
- All entries must be received by 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 20 Eastern Time.
- You may only enter once on Royal Oak Patch.
- Five (5) winners total will be selected in a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified via the email address they used to register on Patch, and must reply within 24 hours of notification with their name, address and phone number.
- Winners will receive two tickets to the 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 26 DSO show at Congregation Shaarey Zedeka in Southfield, valued at $25 per ticket.
- No contest would be complete without official rules.
The DSO is playing a variety of venues and dates around the area in its Neighborhood Concert Series. More information on the shows and purchasing tickets can be found on the DSO website.