Get ready to lace up your shoes so you can help support the Royal Oak High School cross country team during the Fourth Annual Alumni Run.
"All are welcome, but we especially look forward to seeing past runners from Royal Oak High, Dondero, and Kimball," said Ryan Piippo, Royal Oak High School cross country coach.
The flat 2 mile cross country fun run - as opposed to the standard cross country 5k - makes it a bit less intimidating for anyone who may not run as much as they used to.
The race will start at 7 p.m., afterward alums are encouraged to stick around to share stories of past glory days.
Since the Dondero and Kimball high schools combined in 2006, the alumni run has provided a way to build tradition. The idea is to keep the run fun and simple, with the hope each year it grows and brings back more runners from the past.
If you go
- What: 4th Annual Royal Oak Cross Country Alumni Run
- When: 7 p.m. Aug. 15
- Where: Quickstad Park, Royal Oak
- Who: Anyone from the community is welcome to run.
- Event fees: Donations to the ROHS cross country programs will be accepted
- Parking: There is a parking lot off of Lexington, near both the start and finish lines