When you think of seasonal employment, the usual suspects come to mind: lifeguarding, landscaping and freeloading.
The following list includes positions specific to Royal Oak, but not the hundreds of openings for babysitting and camp counselors in the surrounding area.
Many employers need help for the summer, so here's a list of 10 jobs to keep your summer productive and well-funded:
- : If you love to putter around outdoors, stop by the golf center and pick up an application. Help is needed at the mini golf course and on the driving range.
- Will work for ice cream. Royal Oak's Dairy Queen has applications in the store, so if you're craving a Blizzard go and pick up an application at the window.
- Bordine's Nursery: Do you have a green thumb? The Royal Oak location has open retail positions, all you need to do is apply here.
- Nanny: Many parents who work full time need someone to watch their kids when they are out of school. There are plenty of nanny positions available; this site lists a few dozen of them.
- Teens are needed to help in the gym and game room this summer. Stop by the club to pick up an application.
- Pizza Delivery: Most pizza places hire delivery drivers for the summer. Check the Royal Oak Patch directory for a list of local pizzerias.
- The YMCA is looking for camp counselors. You must be 18 years of age or older. Stop by the Y and pick up a job application.
- Emagine is always always looking for ushers, especially for the summer blockbuster season. Applications are located at the concierge desk inside the theater.
- Red Run Golf Club: Score a summer job working outdoors as a caddy for this prestigious club. Call Pat McGaughey at 248-548-0553 for information.
- Intern: Internships are normally unpaid and part time, so they can be performed in addition to seasonal employment (plus look great on your resume!). All of the major job websites (Monster, Career Builder, etc.) have internships listed, but it's worth checking the career services center at your institution to see if they have any inside leads.