There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
1. Evanscence at the on Monday: The multiplatinum band, led by the soaring vocals of Amy Lee, has sold close to 25 million albums since its 2003 debut, Fallen. Tickets for cost $36. Doors open at 7 p.m.
2. Townsend town hall meeting Thursday: State Rep. Jim Townsend (D-Royal Oak) will hold a town hall meeting to hear concerns and answer questions regarding budget cuts to schools. The town hall meeting starts at 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
3. Women's Club spaghetti dinner Friday: All-you-can-eat meat or vegetarian spaghetti, tossed salad, bread, dessert and beverage costs just $10 for adults, $8 for seniors and $4 for children age 4-12). Children younger than 4 eat free. The semiannual spaghetti dinner is at the at Fourth and Pleasant Streets. Dinner will be served from 4:30-7 p.m. For reservations, please call Janis at 248-549-3701.
4. Putnam Smith folk concert Saturday: Putnam Smith, who hails from Portland, ME, is a rootsy multiinstrumentalist songwriter steeped in old-time Appalachian traditions. He plays guitar, mandolin and piano. Smith brings his brand of folk music to the on Saturday at 7 p.m. A $10 donation is suggested but not required.
5. Spooktacular on Sunday: Royal Oak presents its 28th annual Spooktacular. Parents are invited to bring their children downtown in their Halloween costumes for trick-or-treating. More than 60 businesses will offer candy and goodies from 2-4. p.m.