The law firm of Miller Canfield is hosting a briefing for alcoholic beverage manufacturers on current legal topics most important for their highly regulated industry at Bastone Brewery in Royal Oak.
“An Intoxicating Legal Update for Licensed Beverage Manufacturers” will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 13, from 1:00-5:00 p.m. at 419 S Main St.
“Michigan is going through a significant boom in alcoholic beverage manufacturing. Wineries and breweries seem to be popping up every day and now craft distilleries are joining in,” said Joe Infante, regulatory lawyer with Miller Canfield. “We’re seeing many entrepreneurs and established manufacturers experiencing similar stumbling blocks. We can help navigate through those issues, whether it’s regulatory concerns, employee issues, protecting their intellectual property, going international and more.
- Lawyers from the firm’s Beverage Regulation and Licensing group will discuss:
- Selecting and protecting your brand
- Regulatory compliance audits
- Establishing a market for your craft beverage internationally
- Employment law pitfalls: employee handbooks, tipping, volunteering
- Doing business in Canada: the regulatory landscape
There is no cost to attend. Reservations are required to Sandy Bera email@example.com or 248.267.3345. Miller Canfield is located at 99 Monroe Ave, NW, in Grand Rapids; Bastone Brewery is located at 419 S. Main St. in Royal Oak.
Source: Miller Canfield