The Royal Oak Police Department is hiring.
Salary Range: $42,768.44 (start for 0-2 years experience) or $49,076.56 (start for 2 or more years experience) - $60,327.28
Duties: A police officer is responsible for the protection of life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work will usually consist of routine patrol tasks performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations. A superior officer regularly checks the work of a police officer and gives specific instructions and assistance when special problems arise, although the police officer is required to exercise independent discretion when faced with emergency conditions. Work may involve an element of personal danger. Communications are maintained with headquarters through a two-way radio system.
- Provide proof of MCOLES and education. If currently enrolled in a police academy program, proof of registration must be submitted with application.
- A minimum of two years of college education, at least 60 semester hours, from an accredited and recognized college or university. (Applicants must meet this requirement by the end of this semester.)
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must have passed the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards written and physical agility tests as required by state law, and as evidenced by a valid official notification.
- Have a valid motor vehicle operator's permit with good driving record.
Applicants must visit www.empco.net/testing to register for the Police Officer exam; exams must be taken no later than Saturday, March 9.
All applications, with required proofs of qualifications, must be received by the City of Royal Oak Human Resouces Dept., first floor of City Hall, 211 Williams St, 48068 no later than noon Friday, Mar. 1.
See the attached PDF for more information or visit the City of Royal Oak's website.
Source: City of Royal Oak