The 184 seat Red Fox English Pub is muy macho with its warm woods, 38 draft handles and flat screen TVs, indoors and out. The pub hopes to be the place to go in Royal Oak to watch soccer and rugby.
Its rooftop patio, with 66 seats, opened Tuesday to sunny skies and temps near 60 degrees.
The pub is located above at 100 S. Main St.
Bill of Fare
The menu has a lot to offer.
It starts with appetizers, ends with traditional English dinners and has burgers, salads and sandwiches in between.
- Appetizers and snacks: French onion dumplings, shrimp cocktail, French dip sliders and onion rings top the menu. Warm pretzels are a fun choice to share. They come with cheese fondue.
- Salads: Salad choices include Caesar, spinach, cole slaw and the Woodward Salad, which comes with chicken or smoked salmon.
- Dinners: Chicken tikka masala, salmon in potato, broiled codfish, and bangers and mash are part of the English fare. The house specialties are fish and chips and roast beef with Yorshire pudding.
- Burgers and sandwiches: Burgers, French dip, roast beef and cheddar, grilled cheese and smoked salmon sandwiches are all great choices for lunch.
- Monday through Wednesday, 4 p.m. - midnight
- Thursday, 4 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Sunday, 11 a.m. - midnight.