It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- on Monday: Experience fine art by flashlight in downtown Royal Oak. Take a tour of six high-quality reproductions of art pieces from the . The tour begins at the at 9 p.m. Wear your walking shoes and bring a flashlight.
- Walk-in technology help on Monday: With the assistance of the technology staff, learn exactly the computer skill you want to learn, receive a diagnosis for your malfunctioning technology device, or learn how to use your new device. Please bring in your own portable device if you choose. Please contact Eric Hayes at 248-246-3751 for more information. This free Q & A session happens every Monday from 5-7 p.m.
- Wild Summer Nights on Wednesday: The concert series continues with crowd favorite Playdate and Friends. Guests can bring a blanket and pack a picnic basket to enjoy while the folk music plays. Concert is free with admission to the zoo. Show starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Art, Beats & Eats is Friday-Monday: More than 200 bands, a juried fine arts show, and local restaurants will converge on downtown Royal Oak to participate in Oakland County’s favorite summer festival. Headliners this year include REO Speedwagon, Mayer Hawthorne & The County, The Guess Who and Morris Day & The Time. Admission to the festival is $3; after 5 p.m. it's $5. For more information visit www.artsbeatseats.com.
- Arts in Motion 5K on Saturday: Michigan Youth Arts is holding a 5k run/walk on Saturday morning with a new course beginning and ending in downtown Royal Oak. Family-friendly and suitable for both runners and walkers, the Arts in Motion 5k raises money to support arts education in Michigan schools. Find out more at http://www.ci.royal-oak.mi.us/portal/events/arts-motion-5k-event .