It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Lego Robotics on Tuesday: Elementary and preschool students are invited to take Legos to a new level at the Royal Oak Public Library. Join staff from The Robot Garage at 7 p.m. as they provide Lego Robotics building materials and give tips on how to go from imagination to creation and building. Registration is limited to 60. Visit ropl.org or call the Youth Reference Desk at 248-246-3725 to sign up for this free program.
- New Member Meeting at Gilda's Club on Wednesday: Join the club. It's free. Before attending support groups and events at Gilda's Club, the organization asks that you join, at no cost. Gilda's holds new member meetings every Monday at 1 pm and Wednesdays at 5:30 pm, so you get a chance to learn more what this great club is all about. Please RSVP in advance by calling 248-577-0800.
- Thanksgiving dinner at Lily’s Seafood on Thursday: Sit back and relax this Thanksgiving and let the Grandma Lily’s crew do all the cooking. All-you-can-eat family-style Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings costs $24.99 for adults and $10.99 for children younger than 12. Children younger than 5 eat free. Open 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Small Business Saturday: Don't be in thrall to the mall. American Express, organizer of the second annual Small Business Saturday, is asking asking people to "shop small" at their favorite local stores Saturday to help fuel the economy. The firm puts money where its promotion is by offering a one-time $25 rebate to shoppers spending at least $25 at a small business after registering their American Express card here. We found dozens of Royal Oak restaurants and retailers participating, as well as a few salons, photographers and entertainment venues. For a list click here.