It's a busy week in Royal Oak, as usual. Here are five things you should know as you go about your week:
- City Commission meets Monday: The City Commission meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall. Click here for the agenda.
- Crime Prevention Council meets on Tuesday: A quarterly neighborhood watch crime prevention training session will be held from 6:30 - 8 p.m. in the second floor police conference room, 221 E. Third St. The training session is open to everyone regardless if you are in a neighborhood watch group or not. Contact Commissioner Peggy Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-376-0390 for more information.
- 3rd Annual Metro Detroit’s Finest Event on Thursday: This event, which benefits the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, is being held at the Royal Oak Farmers Market to celebrate the accomplishments of six individuals who have accepted the challenge of raising a minimum of $2,500 each, over a six week period. There will be food vendors from local restaurants, a live and silent auction, beer and wine, a photo booth and music. Tickets are on sale for $50 ($17 tax deductible) and can be purchased at http://detroit.cff.org/finest or by calling the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation office at (248) 269-8759.
- Royal Oak Symphony Orchestra concert on Friday: The winter concert of the 2012-2013 ROSO season begins at 8 p.m. in the Dondero Auditorium at Royal Oak Middle School The conductor will be Christopher Mark, one of the orchestra's new conductors for this season, and will also feature violin soloist Colleen Wang. Tickets for adults are $10, students/seniors $7, and those 18 and under are free. The orchestra can be reached at www.royaloakorchestra.org.
- Historic Holiday Open House on Sunday: The Historic Orson Starr House will be holding a special Christmas Carols open house from 1-4 p.m. Seasonal music will be played on an antique 1890 pump organ by Melissa Ambrose Eidson between 2-3 p.m. with violin solos by Tatum Eidson. The Orson Starr House Museum is located at 3123 N Main Street (one block South of 13 Mile Road). Additional free parking is available one block south at the Salvation Army Citadel. For additional information contact Lois Lance 248-546-0138.