There's always a lot going on in Royal Oak. Here are some highlights this week:
- Inside|Out by flashlight on Monday: Experience fine art by flashlight in downtown Royal Oak. Take a tour of six high-quality reproductions of art pieces from the DIA’s collection installed in downtown Royal Oak. The tour begins at the Royal Oak Public Library at 9 p.m. Wear your walking shoes and bring a flashlight.
- Family Day on Monday: Join the Royal Oak Community Coalition and local merchants to celebrate Family Day - a day to eat dinner with your children, and enjoy discounts, too. Just print the flyer and present it to any of the participating merchants.
- Public Safety Fundraiser at Ridley's on Thursday: Friends of Royal Oak Public Safety will host a campaign fundraising event Thursday from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle. Comedian Chris Porter headlines the show, but maybe he’ll be upstaged by the silent auction featuring merchandise and coupons from Royal Oak businesses and restaurants. The $30 ticket includes appetizers donated by BlackFinn. Buy your tickets directly from the Comedy Castle.
- Oakland County Candidate Forum on Thursday: Republican candidates who are running for seats in Oakland County will speak from 6:30-8:30pm in the Royal Oak Public Library auditorium. Candidates will speak to their credentials and provide reasons for running. There will be time for questions and answers. The public is welcome. This free forum is sponsored by the Royal Oak Republican Women’s Club.
- Zoo Brew at the Detroit Zoo is Thursday: The Detroit Zoo will hosts the second annual Zoo Brew from 6-10:30 p.m. Friday. The event will offer unique selections from selected Michigan craft breweries, live music and food for purchase. Zoo Brew tickets are available at detroitzoo.org/zoobrew.