The Troy Family Daze Festival is four fun-packed days of carnival rides, games, children's crafts, live entertainment, food and other activities for children and adults. (Sound familiar fans?)
The festival will run Thursday afternoon through Sunday night at , 3668 Livernois (between Big Beaver and Wattles).
- Thursday, 4-9 p.m.
- Friday, 4-11 p.m.
- Saturday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Sunday, 1-9 p.m.
Paved parking will be available on church grounds each day, with additional parking available at , 3838 Livernois, and , 760 W. Wattles.
Ride ticket prices
Admittance is free. Ride ticket prices range day-to-day with special offers, starting with Thursday's 10 rides for $10 coupons, with regular prices falling between $3 and $4 per ride. Special unlimited-ride bracelets are available for $20 for Friday and Sunday, and $25 all day Saturday.
This year's food vendors include:
- Mastro’s Ice Cream (ice cream, yogurt, shakes, sundaes, ice blended coffee and smoothies)
- Jet's Pizza
- Mercurio’s Food Specialties (hand-battered chicken on a stick, chicken tenders, wing dings, corn dogs, butterfly chips and chili cheese fries)
- Lindsey Concessions (hot dogs, hamburgers, polish and Italian sausage)
- Nick's Concessions (Greek food)
- Different Twist Pretzel (gourmet pretzels, pretzel dogs, pretzel wraps, strawberry and blue raspberry frozen drinks)
- La Feast of Troy (chicken and lamb shwarma, humus, falafel, salad)
- Rub BBQ (hickory smoked jumbo turkey stick, smoked St. Louis ribs half and full slabs, hickory grilled steak, mesquite grilled jumbo wings, pulled pork sandwich, BBQ burger, mac & cheese)
For more information about food vendors, visit the Troy Family Daze website.
The Troy Family Daze fireworks display will take place at 9 p.m. on Saturday at Zion Christian Church.
An "animal oasis" has been added for kids of all ages. It includes a petting zoo, an exotic animal petting zoo, an interactive bird house and camel rides for all ages.
The first annual scarecrow contest is being introduced this year with cash prizes for the winners. The scarecrow contest is being sponsored by S & R Event Rentals and will be displayed all the days of the Festival.
The Detroit Pistons exhibit bus and basketball academy with a hoops contest will be on site for all the basketball fans. The Troy High School Lacrosse Program will also be holding a Lacrosse pitch-for-a-prize contest all hours of the Festival.
A "bungee jump" is another first-time attraction that is sure to put smiles on the faces of all spectators and participants.
Schedule of Events
- 4-9 p.m. – Festival open; ride tickets are 10 for $10 with this coupon
- The Coachmen perform on Main Stage
- 4-11 p.m. – Festival open; unlimited-ride bracelets available for $20
- 6 p.m. – Opening Ceremonies on the Main Stage
- 7:30 p.m. – Troy Community Chorus
- 7:30-10:30 – Jimmie Roach Band on Main Stage
- 11 a.m.-11 p.m. – Festival open; unlimited-ride bracelets available for $25
- 12:30 p.m. – Talent Show (9-11 years old)
- 2 p.m. – Talent Show (12-14 years old)
- 3:30 p.m. – Talent Show (19+ years old)
- 5-7:30 p.m. – Lakeside Classic Rock Band on Main Stage
- 8-11 p.m. – Joey Vee Band on Main Stage
- 9 p.m. – FIREWORKS
- 1-9 p.m. – Festival open; unlimited-ride bracelets available for $20
- 2 p.m. – Youth-Parent Games
- 2 p.m. – Talent Show (4-8 years old)
- 2:30 p.m. – Talent Show (15-18 years old)
- 3:30-4 p.m. –
- 3:30 p.m. – 50/50 Raffle Drawing
- 3:30 p.m. – Scarecrow Contest
- 5-8:30 p.m. – Beatles Tribute Band