Looking for something to do this weekend in or around Royal Oak? Here are some ideas:
Coney Detroit program at the Royal Oak Public Library
- 2 p.m. Saturday, April 20
- Royal Oak Public Library, 222 E 11 Mile Rd, Royal Oak
- Katherine Yung and Joe Grimm will be on hand to discuss their book, Coney Detroit.
Shrine High School Presents: Guys and Dolls
- 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 19
- Shrine Catholic High School and Academy, 3500 W 13 Mile Road in Royal Oak
- Shrine High School presents the classic fable of broadway. Additional performance time at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Tickets $12
Arsenic and Old Lace
- 8 p.m. Saturday, April 20
- Stagecrafters Baldwin Theatre, 415 S Lafayette Ave, Royal Oak
- "The old adage of 'killing with kindness' takes on a darkly hilarious spin when two sweet spinster sisters, Abby and Martha Brewster, consider it their moral duty 'to help lonely old men find peace.'"
- Tickets $16
Killer Flamingos Live at Luna Lounge
- 9 p.m. Sunday, April 21
- The Luna Lounge, 1815 N Main Street, Royal Oak
- Dance the night away to a high-energy blend of pop and rock with electronica between sets. Ages 21+.
"Stars Guitars" Auction and Concert for Beaumont Children's Hospital
- 6 p.m. Saturday, April 20
- 15801 Michigan Ave, Dearborn
- Autographed guitars from famous pop, rock and country musicians will be going on the auction block to support the Charles A. Main, M.D. Pediatric Cancer Survivor Scholarship Fund of Beaumont Children’s Hospital.
- Tickets $75
Drayton Avenue Co-op Preschool Silent Auction
- 6 p.m. Friday, April 19
- Drayton Avenue Cooperative Preschool, 2441 Pinecrest Dr, Ferndale
- Adult-only event features auction items from local and national businesses, live music, appetizers, adult beverages and more.
- Tickets $10 in advance, $15 at the door
Did we miss your event? Tell us in the comments!