It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Come see for yourself, when Santa makes his first stop in Metro Detroit on Sunday.
Our pick for today:
- When: Run registration starts at 8:30 a.m. Saturday; Parade starts at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Where: Santa Scamper begins at The Royal Oak Magic Parade runs on Washington Avenue starts at Lincoln and turning the corner at Fourth Street.
- Cost: $10 for Santa Scamper registration. Parade is free of charge.
- Why go: Get a running start to the holidays. The Santa Scamper is open to all walkers, joggers and runners. It is a noncompetitive event that takes place just ahead of Royal Oak's Holiday Magic Parade. The course is approximately 1/2 mile and is run on the parade route. Registration includes a race number, Santa hat, McDonald’s coupon and hot chocolate after the run to enjoy while watching the parade. The parade features nearly 80 floats, marching bands, entertainment, community groups and more. Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in town and will visit with children noon-2 p.m. the .
- What else: Visit Downtown Royal Oak for more information or buy Santa Scamper tickets here.
Come back to Royal Oak Patch tomorrow for more weekend-things-to-do options. Or, visit our Events guide here. If you'd like to post your own event, .