- City Hall: Royal Oak , including the clerk's office, city manager's office and finance department, will be closed Wednesday.
- City Clerk's office: Will be closed but many applications and forms you'd normally get from the office are available on the city website.
- 44th District Court: Closed on Wednesday, but you can pay traffic or parking tickets online or place them in the drop box in front of the Court Building or City Hall.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will be delayed one day next week because the Fourth of July falls on a weekday.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any nonemergency, call the at (248) 246-3500 or the at (248) 246-3800.
- Post office: The will not be open on the Fourth of July, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup. The main lobby will be open for access to post office boxes and stamps machines.
- Library: The will be not be open Wednesday, but you can still drop off borrowed books, DVDs, etc., to the drop boxes on 11 Mile Road and at the main entrance on the south side of the building.
- Movies: Need to get out on the Fourth of July? Royal Oak's movie theaters, the (248-263-2111) and Emagine (888-319-FILM) are there for you.
- is open from 9 a.m.-8 p.m. on Wednesdays in July and August, including July 4.
- Banks: Most banks will be closed on Wednesday, so call your branch before you head out the door.
Do you own or manage a business in Royal Oak? Leave us a comment with your holiday hours or special activities.