Join Beaumont Health System and "Walking Guru" Robert Sweetgall as he tours the metro Detroit area April 16 to April 19.
Sweetgall will be speaking to Beaumont employees, patients and the general public promoting the benefits walking can have on your cardiovascular health and life.
- painless, sustainable ways to lose stubborn body fat
- a simple, heart-healthy nutrition plan that increases energy while reducing body fat, blood pressure, blood sugars and cancer risk
- to beat exercise boredom and put more fun and play in your life
- the 14 successful habits of successful aging
- how Nordic Walking (correctly) can strengthen your entire upper body, flatten your stomach and take tons of pressure off your knees and hips
- how a positive attitude can combat stress, fatigue, and sleeping disorders
The free seminars on April 17 and April 16 will include interactive walking activies.
Other free seminars will be held on:
April 16 at Sola Life & Fitness, Troy, from 6 to 8 p.m.
April 18 at Beaumont Hospital Auditorium, Royal Oak, from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
April 19 at the Outpatient Services Center, Sterling Heights, from 10 to 11 a.m.
Sweetgall, also known as "The Real Forrest Gump," is the only person to have walked 11,000 miles across the country in 365 days. Author of 19 books on walking, wellness and active living, Robert has presented workshops & seminars to over 1 million people worldwide, and has appeared on hundreds of radio & television talk shows such as NBC Today, Evening Magazine & NPR.
The event is free, but RSVP is required. Please visit classes.beaumont.edu to register for the event near you. (Select "Classes, Support Groups & Events," > "General Health," > "Health" to find the "One Heart, Two Feet: Walking Seminar" listing and register).
Act fast, as space is limited!