Name : Carlo Ginotti
Place of residence : Royal Oak, Michigan
University : Ginotti is a 1988 graduate of Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Ginotti received his undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice and Political Science from Western Michigan University, in 1984.
Current job title : assistant to Michigan's Attorney General, assigned to the Criminal Division in Detroit
Running for a: Local office
Running for position: District Court Judge
Previous elective offices : Royal Oak City Commission
Address: 2323 Woodland Ave., Royal Oak, MI 48073
Statement of Purpose
Leadership. Experience. Commitment to one’s Community - These are qualities that can only be developed and strengthened over time. They cannot be faked and should not be used as filler in campaign literature. These are qualities we must look for in a candidate seeking our support for any public office – but demand from a judicial candidate!
I am seeking the office of Royal Oak District Court Judge. I have 25 years of experience in the court room and have appeared in almost every jurisdiction in the State of Michigan. As an Assistant to the Michigan Attorney General, a prosecutor with the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office, and an attorney in private practice, I have years of experience in both criminal and civil law. Additionally I have had the honor of serving this community for almost 20 years on many different levels including eight years as your City Commissioner and Mayor Pro Tem. My leadership and unwavering commitment to our community has earned me the respect and support of a long and growing list of bi-partisan supporters in whom many of you have placed your trust over the years.
A District Court is the heart of its community. Unlike any other court in our legal system, it is truly the “People’s Court” and the judges who work there must have a deep understanding and respect for the law and for the community in which they serve. Our District Court hears criminal cases, but there are many other matters judges are required by law to hear. On a regular basis a District Court Judge will handle matters from simple and routine speeding tickets and civil infractions to complicated contract disputes and landlord tenant matters. For many of us a visit to the Royal Oak District Court will be the first and only time we will be exposed to the legal system and whether we come as an observer, a witness, a victim, or a party to a law suit, the impression we are left with will often depend on the judge handling the matter. For these reasons, our District Court Judge must possess a broad base of legal experience and a deep understanding of our community which comes from years of community involvement.
Other candidates may speak of community service, but here is a brief summary of my involvement in our community:
- Royal Oak City Commission (2001 – 2010)
- Mayor Pro Tem, Royal Oak City Commission
- Royal Oak Police Oversight Committee
- Senior Citizen Advisory Committee
- Royal Oak Brownfield Authority
- Chair, Royal Oak Liquor Control Commission
- Royal Oak Animal Shelter Committee
- Royal Oak City Commission/School Board Liaison
- Royal Oak Public Library Board of Trustees
- Royal Oak Historical Society
- Appointed by Governor Granholm to the Michigan Tri-Corridor
- Coach – Royal Oak Sandlot Baseball
- Coach – Royal Oak Youth Football Association
- Shrine of the Little Flower Grade School & Academy Dad's Club
- Shrine of the Little Flower Parish Council
- Producer/Host – The Royal Oak Show
- Co-Chair – Royal Oak Memorial Day Parade Committee
- American Legion, Frank Wendland Post 253 (SAL)
- Knights of Columbus, Shrine Council 12408
- Knights of Columbus, Bishop Gallagher Assembly 0482
As an experienced trial attorney and an outspoken advocate for our city, I have established a solid reputation for being trustworthy and fair. As a civic leader I have acted to protect our families, our homes, and our neighborhoods while keeping an eye on our taxpayer dollars. I am the only candidate who can bring this level of experience to the bench.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at 248-515-5557.