UPDATE: The contest is now closed and we'll be notifying winners Friday, Feb. 17. Thanks for your entries!
We've got four tickets to give away to Detroit Zoo!
After reading Patch columnist Gerry Boylan's Detroit Zoo edition of Do You Remember? we started feeling all warm and fuzzy. Our mischievous Gerry shares his childhood memories of red elephant keys, chimpanzee shows, and hitching rides on the back of the guided tour cars.
We know most Michiganders have fond memories of the zoo, which first opened in 1928. Many of us went to the zoo as kids with our schools, Scout troops or families, and we return with our own children and grandchildren. Over the years, a lot of pictures have been taken in front of the Horace Rackham Fountain, the Butterfly House or on the zoo's train.
We want you to share your memories.
Either upload a photo of you or someone you love at the zoo, or tell us in the comments area below about your favorite spot or memory of the park. When you do, we'll enter you into a drawing to win four complimentary tickets (two adults and two children) to the zoo courtesy of the Detroit Zoological Society
About the Detroit Zoo
- The Detroit Zoo is situated on 125 acres with many naturalistic habitats.
- Major exhibits include the Arctic Ring of Life, Australian Outback Adventure, Great Apes of Harambee, National Amphibian Conservation Center, Holden Museum of Living Reptiles, Penguinarium and Butterfly Garden.
- The Deroit Zoo is the largest family attraction in Michigan with more than 1 million visitors each year.
- The zoo's mission is “Celebrating and Saving Wildlife.”
- It is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
For a list of events at the zoo and hours, visit detroitzoo.org.
OK, now for the rules, because a contest has to have some rules:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, upload a photo of you or someone you love at the zoo or tell us in comments about your favorite spot or memory of the park.
- All entries must be received by noon Friday, Feb. 17, 2012, Eastern Time. Winners will be contacted Feb. 17 and must respond via email by midnight Feb. 18 with their complete mailing address.
- Your name will be entered in the drawing just once, but you can share as many photos and comments as you like.
- One winner will be selected at random.
- The winner will receive two adult tickets and two children's ticket to the Detroit Zoo, valued at $40.
- Click here for complete official rules.