Here's the first in many of quick and easy ways to take care of your health. I will be presenting articles on news of the day, general medical topics such as seasonal maladies, preventative medicine and more.
Todays Topic: How to get the most out of your Doctors office visit
- Preparing for the visit
- During the Visit
- After the Visit
Preparing for your visit
- Make sure you communicate to receptionist your concerns, when you call and schedule appointment, in order to leave enough time for your doctor to spend with you.
- Make sure all financial issues are answered ahead of your visit.
- Write down your questions or concerns and bring it in for review with your doctor.
- Check your doctor's web site for items that can be filled out ahead of time - that helps move the process along efficiently.
During the visit
- Have your questions written down and bring in and bring in all your medications or supplements and vitamins.
- Have the Doctor summarize the visit at the end including action steps and follow up.
After the visit
- Make sure follow up done within one week of visit. Set your smart phone as reminder!
If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know.
In Good Health,