Highlights from reports from the week of July 5-12:
- 1600 block of Genesee, July 5: A man reported he took his two dogs for a walk and when he returned he noticed his prescription pills missing from the residence.
- 700 block of Butternut, July 9: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked home and stole two coats and an undisclosed amount of money.
- 4800 block of Briarwood, July 6: A woman reported someone stole a UPS package from her porch.
- 2800 block of Woodslee, July 9: A woman reported someone stole a delivered package containing Avon products from her porch.
- 215 S. Main, July 10: A woman reported that a man took her iPhone from the outdoor table she was sitting at and ran away.
- 2800 block of W. 13 Mile, July 10: A woman reported someone stole her bicycle from her front yard.
- 1700 block of E. 10 Mile, July 9: A man reported someone stole his 2000 Honda from his driveway.
Malicious damage to property
- 1800 block of N. Campbell, July 6: A man reported someone spray painted graffiti on his shed and wall.
- 2800 block of Linwood, July 7: A man reported someone threw a rock through his windshield of his 2001 Saturn.
- 300 block of W. 11 Mile, July 8: A man reported someone dented the driver’s side door to his car.
- , 305 W. 11 Mile, July 8: A man reported that he witnessed another man scratch his car with a key. Royal Oak officers located the other man and arrested him for malicious destruction of property.
- 1000 block of Windemere, July 9: A woman reported someone broke the front window to her residence.
Items taken from cars
- 300 block of S. Gainsborough, July 6: A man reported someone broke the rear passenger side window of his 2007 Jeep and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 1900 block of Torquay, July 9: A woman reported someone stole the catalytic converter from her 2000 Pontiac.
- 1000 block of E. Third, July 9: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her laptop computer.
- 1000 block of E. Second, July 9: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole an iPod, a portable GPS unit and credit cards.
- 4800 block of Woodland, July 11: A man reported someone entered his vehicle and stole both the driver and passenger airbags.
- Main and Midland, July 7: A Royal Oak officer initiated a traffic stop on a speeding vehicle. The vehicle refused to stop and fled from the officer. A pursuit ensued and the suspect was eventually stopped near his home. Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were found in his vehicle. The driver was charged with flee and eluding, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor warrants.
- I-75 and Fourth St., July 11: Madison Heights Police dispatch gave out the description of a vehicle involved in a larceny in Madison Heights. A Royal Oak officer stopped a vehicle that matched the description. Madison Heights Police were able to identify two of the passengers in the vehicle as suspects in the larceny and took them into custody. The driver of the vehicle was arrested for driving while license suspended.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com