Man wanted for attempted murder surrenders to police
- 300 block of E. Farnum, July 30: Royal Oak officers responded to call Monday from Oak Park Police that a man, who lived on East Farnum in Royal Oak, was wanted for attempted murder in Oak Park. According to police reports, officers were advised that the man had fired a single shot at his girlfriend’s son in Oak Park, later fleeing the scene with a .38 caliber handgun. Oak Park Police believed the man was heading to his home in Royal Oak. Royal Oak officers surrounded the man’s home and he eventually surrendered to the officers, reports state. The man was taken into custody without any further incident and turned over to Oak Park officers at the scene.
Roommate arrested for felonious assault
- 700 block of South Campbell, Aug. 1: Royal Oak officers responded to an assault in progress on Wednesday in which a man reported his roommate had held a knife to his throat earlier that day. The man being attacked was able to escape and flee the home as the officers arrived on the scene, police reports state. Officers then entered the home and located the roommate, taking him into custody without further incident. The roommate was arrested on felonious assault charges.
- 2400 block of North Vermont, July 30: According to police reports, woman reported that someone entered her home Monday while she was upstairs, taking an undisclosed amount of currency.
Breaking and entering
- 3100 block of North Connecticut, July 27: According to police reports, a man reported someone broke the glass on his garage service door and entered into his garage. Nothing appeared to be missing, he told police afterward. Meanwhile, a neighbor told police that they noticed a man — approximately 25-35 years old, with brown hair and approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and 170 pounds — in the area acting suspicious.
- , 500 S. Main, July 26: A man reported someone stole his iPad.
- , 25352 Woodward Ave., July 30: A man reported someone broke the lock off his locker and stole his wallet and some jewelry.
- , 25352 Woodward Ave., July 30:A man reported someone broke the lock off his locker and stole his wallet.
- , 525 E. Fourth, July 31: A man reported someone stole his red and silver Huffy mountain bike from the front of the store.
Malicious damage to property
- 300 block of East Parent, July 27: Royal Oak officers responded to the report of two subjects breaking into cars last Friday, reports state. A man told police at the time that he watched two people cut the top of a Jeep and attempt to enter it. The pair then tried to pry the door open on another vehicle and broke the window on a third. Royal Oak officers found the two suspects hiding behind a dumpster, taking both into custody.
- 1300 block of East 13 Mile, July 27: A man reported he had a verbal altercation with a former employee. When the former employee left, police reports state the man drove across the lawn, spinning his tires, causing damage to the yard.
Items taken from cars
- 200 block of South Center, July 27: A man reported someone broke the passenger window on his vehicle and stole his radio, portable GPS unit and an iPod.
- 1100 block of West Farnum, July 26: A man reported someone broke the window on his vehicle and stole his briefcase containing a laptop, iPod, wallet, checkbook, and passport.
- 700 block of Louis, July 26: A man reported someone entered his unlocked vehicle and stole his laptop.
- 1100 block of N. Sherman , July 26: A woman reported someone broke the passenger side window on her vehicle and stole her purse containing credit cards, passport and an undisclosed amount of currency.
- 600 block of Helene, July 29: A man reported someone broke the rear window on his 2008 Dodge Charger and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 1900 block of Wickham, July 31: A woman reported someone stole the catalytic converter from her 2000 Pontiac Sunfire.
- 1100 block of Longfellow, Aug. 2: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole a backpack.
- 500 block of South Connecticut, Aug. 1: A man reported someone smashed the passenger side window on his 2010 Chrysler Town and Country and stole the in-dash GPS.
- , 1711 N. Main, July 29: According to police reports, a woman went to the Main Street Burger King Sunday to buy back her stolen cell phone from someone who had listed it on Craigslist. Once the woman verifed the phone was her's, she notified police who upon arriving at the Burger King, found the suspect in question was also in possessoin of two stolen GPS devices and a laptop. The suspect was placed under arrest.
- , 111 W. 12 Mile, July 31: Royal Oak officers performing routine motel registry checks discovered one of the tenants had a felony parole violation warrant. The person, on parole for armed robbery, was taken into custody.
- Harrison and Main, July 31: While on patrol, a Royal Oak officer observed a vehicle traveling on southbound Main at approximately 80 miles per hour. According to police reporst, the officer attempted to initiate a traffic stop but the driver refused to stop and a pursuit ensued. The driver entered the neighborhoods at Parent and eventually lost control of his vehicle, crashed then jumped out of the car and began fleeing on foot. The officer chased the suspect, caught up to him and wrestled the suspect to the ground, reports state. According to reports, the suspect fought with the officer before the officer was eventually able to overcome him and take him into custody. No injuries were reported. The man was found to be intoxicated and will be charged with fleeing and eluding, operating while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com