Royal Oak Police responded to multiple home invasions, thefts from autos and other incidents during the week of Dec. 16-22. Here are the highlights:
Woman's new boyfriend allegedly assaults her ex-boyfriend
Royal Oak officers responded Dec. 18 to the report of a possible home invasion in the 200 block of LaPlaza in which several people were fighting. Investigation revealed that earlier in the day the complainant had been in an altercation with his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend. The new boyfriend had gone to the complainant’s home with two friends and knocked on the door. When the complainant’s brother answered the door, the three men pushed their way into the residence and assaulted the complainant and his brother. The three suspects left the scene before police arrived.
The complainant was treated for his injuries at .
Co-worker taking her car for ride during shift, woman reports
A woman reported she believes a co-worker at is taking her keys from her coat and driving her vehicle while she is working. She told police that her car has been moved to a different parking spot on more than one occasion when she returns to it after her shift.
Couple steals valuable books
The complainant reported that a man and woman entered his store, , on Dec. 19 and grabbed more than $1,200 worth of collectible books. The couple ran out of the store and fled the scene in an older white compact car.
Juveniles cited for curfew violation, marijuana possession
Royal Oak officers responded to a report in the 4800 block of Woodland on Dec. 20 of several people looking into and checking the doors of vehicles to see if they were unlocked. No vehicles were reported to be broken into. Officers stopped the three suspects as they left the area in a silver vehicle and identified them as juveniles.
The three juveniles were issued tickets for curfew violation and turned over to their parents. One of the juveniles was also issued a violation for possession of marijuana.
- 4300 block of Albert, Dec. 17: A woman reported that someone entered her apartment and stole numerous items including a computer, a safe, jewelry and an undisclosed amount of cash.
- 2200 block of Guthrie, Dec. 19: A man reported that someone stole a check from his home and cashed it. The complainant believes the thief could be one of his son’s friends.
- 1000 block of East Fourth Street, Dec. 19: A man reported that someone forced entry into his home through the front door and stole numerous items including two televisions, a laptop computer and jewelry.
- 4300 block of Judson, Dec. 20: The complainant reported that someone entered his apartment and stole an undisclosed amount of cash.
- 900 block of North Gainsborough, Dec. 20: A woman reported someone pushed open the rear door to her home. Nothing was missing from inside the home but 20 outdoor lanterns and a wrought iron bench was missing from behind the garage.
- 1700 block of Crooks, Dec. 16: A man reported that someone threw a rock through his rear window of the business.
- Main and Third streets, Dec. 18: A man reported that his driver side front tire on his vehicle was cut.
- 3900 block of Woodland, Dec. 21: A woman reported finding screws in two of her vehicle’s tires while parked in her driveway.
- Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W. 13 Mile, Dec. 21: A woman reported her vehicle was scratched in several places while it was parked in the parking lot.
Larceny from auto
- 4900 block of Crooks, Dec. 18: The catalytic converter was reported stolen from a 2001 Chevy.
- 3600 block of Greenway, Dec. 21: A woman reported that someone entered her 2010 Chrysler and stole her in-dash GPS unit and stereo as well as several items from the trunk of her vehicle including a laptop, an iPod and a briefcase.
Thefts at fitness centers
- LA Fitness, 25352 Woodward, Dec. 15: The complainant reported his pants, wallet and keys stolen from his locker.
- LA Fitness, 25352 Woodward, Dec. 15: A man reported his license and keys were stolen from his locker.
- YMCA, 1016 W. 11 Mile, Dec. 21: A man reported that an unknown suspect broke into his locker and stole his wallet.
Thefts at bars
- lounge, 1815 N. Main St., Dec. 19: A woman reported someone took three credit cards and her driver’s license from her purse while she was seated.
- , 215 W. Fifth, Dec. 19: A woman reported her purse was stolen while it was sitting next to her.
- , 26998 Woodward, Dec. 19: The complainant reported that two men stole two wrapped gifts from underneath the “giving tree."
- 600 block of Amelia, Dec. 15: A man reported that someone broke the passenger window of his vehicle and attempted to steal his vehicle by breaking open the steering column. The person was unable to start the vehicle because the battery had been removed by the complainant. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.
- Woodward and Vinton, Dec. 20: While on patrol, a Royal Oak officer observed a vehicle driving northbound on Woodward. The vehicle was cutting in and out of traffic and driving carelessly. The officer stopped the vehicle. His investigation revealed the driver was impaired by marijuana and in possession of brass knuckles. He was arrested on charges of operating while under the influence of drugs and carrying a concealed weapon.
- 3000 block of West 13 Mile, Dec. 21: A man reported stolen a package containing a box of cigars that had been left on his porch by the delivery company.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@patch.com