Following are highlights of Royal Oak Police Department reports for the week of Jan. 13-19:
- A resident on the 2700 block of Rochester told police someone broke into his rental home Sunday and stole a washer, dryer, microwave, copper pipes connected to the washer and several other items. The person also disconnected the gas line to the dryer and left it on. Police had to call the Royal Oak Fire Department for assistance.
Breaking and Entering
- A resident on the 800 block of Royal told police someone entered his locked shed and stole his snow blower Wednesday.
- Someone entered an office on the 20000 block of Woodward on Thursday and stole a cash box, police say. Officers reviewed the security footage and discovered that a cleaning crew member had entered the office after hours and stole the box.
Larceny From Automobiles
- A man told police that on Monday someone entered his vehicle on the 3000 block of Blair of stole a GPS unit, sunglasses and loose change.
- Someone entered an unlocked vehicle parked on Seventh and Washington on Monday and stole a women's purse.
Automobile Thefts, Attempts
- A resident reported that someone stole her 1994 Dodge pickup that was parked in front of her house on the 200 block of East Webster on Jan. 12.
- A victim told police that on Jan. 12 someone broke into his 1997 Dodge and attempted to steal it while it was parked on the 200 block of Girard. Police say the vehicle's ignition was pulled from the steering column and loose change was taken.
- A woman reported that someone pried the door handle off her 2005 Dodge Caravan on Jan. 12 and pulled the ignition out of the steering column in an attempt to steal the vehicle. The vehicle was parked on the 100 block of Girard. The victim's purse, watch and some loose change were stolen from the vehicle. A neighbor reported seeing two males near the vehicle at about 2 a.m.
- Someone stole a 1999 black Honda Civic on Tuesday from a parking lot on the 1500 block of North Stephenson.
- Police say someone entered , 4727 Crooks, on Jan. 12 and stole more than $300 in gum and energy drinks.
- A loss prevention officer reported that a someone concealed a bottle of liquor and then ran out of the store on Jan. 12.
- Someone broke into a storage locker and stole numerous plumbing fixtures on Jan. 13 in the basement of an apartment on the 900 block of North Stephenson.
- On Jan. 14, a man told told police someone stole his coat from the back room of Burgerz, 410 S. Main. The coat contained his wallet, credit cards and an undisclosed amount of cash.
- A Royal Oak officer on routine patrol in his vehicle was struck from behind by a motorist at 13 Mile and Evergreen. The officer and driver of the striking vehicle were transported to and treated for minor injuries.
- A cab driver on Lincoln and Main flagged down Royal Oak police on Jan. 15 and told them someone ran away from his cab without paying the fare. Police caught the person and arrested him on a charge of theft of services.
- A man told police someone stole his gym bag from the locker room on Jan. 16. The bag contained the victim's hearing aides.
- A victim told police that a suspicious man was sitting in the hallway of his apartment complex on Jan. 17, possibly armed with a gun. Police responded to the call on the 2400 block of Torquay and discovered a man still sitting in the hallway. Officers discovered that he did not live in the complex and was not armed. The man was arrested for a misdemeanor warrant.
- On Jan. 19, officers reported to the 300 block of South Main to investigate a disorderly person. When they arrived, the individual was arrested for a felony parole absconder warrant for unlawful driving away of an automobile, assault, retail fraud and escape from prison.
- On Jan. 18, police arrested a man on the 1000 block of North Stephenson who failed to register in Michigan as a sex offender and was therefore not in compliance with his terms of probation.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com