Highlights of reports for Aug. 9-16.
Man arrested for indecent exposure
- Center Street and Second Street, Aug. 14: Royal Oak officers responded to investigate a suspicious male driving around the downtown area in a white Yukon. The A man reported standing on the top floor of the Center Street parking structure and seeing the driver masturbating as he circled the block. The man was able to provide the officers with the license plate on the Yukon and officers canvassed the area to locate the suspect. The suspect vehicle was located in the 1200 block of Owana. The officers placed him under arrest for aggravated indecent exposure.
Gun stolen from unlocked car
- 100 block of Amelia, Aug. 15: A man reported someone stole his black Smith and Wesson .40 caliber handgun from an unlocked vehicle.
- 4200 block of Mandalay, Aug.14: A man reported someone entered his home and wrote in permanent marker on the table and countertops. The person then damaged several other items throughout the home. Based on the writing on the counter, the man believes the suspect is his former girlfriend who still has a key to the home.
- Barnes and Noble, 500 S. Main, Aug. 9: A man reported someone stole his unsecured green mountain bike.
- William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W. Thirteen Mile, Aug. 12: William Beaumont security officers located a suspect attempting to leave the hospital with a stolen bottle of medication. The person, who was a patient at the hospital, was arrested for larceny in a building.
- Salvation Army Store, 114 E. Fourth, Aug. 13: A man reported someone stole a black and grey 26-inch men’s 21 speed Magna Exciter bicycle.
- 1800 block of Marywood, Aug. 14: A woman reported an acquaintance stole her iPod while visiting her home.
- 1500 block of Ottawa, Aug. 15: A woman reported an acquaintance stole several items from her home while house sitting.
- William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W. Thirteen Mile, Aug. 15: The hospital reported someone stole two laptop computers from one of the offices.
- Flex-n-Gate, 4336 Coolidge, Aug. 15: A man reported someone driving a green or grey sedan, possibly a Buick, stole two weed trimmers and two backpack blowers from his trailer.
- Kroger, 30991 Woodward Avenue, Aug. 10: A man reported someone stole his green 1980 Buick Electra.
Malicious damage to property
- Royalty Cleaners, 2400 W. Fourteen Mile, Aug. 11: A business reported someone spray painted graffiti on the rear door of the business.
- City Hall Parking Lot, 211 E. Williams Street, Aug. 11: A man reported someone ripped off his windshield wiper, scratched and dented his vehicle.
- 3800 block of Hillside Court, Aug. 13: A woman reported someone wrote “Mitt Romney hates America” and “Romney hates America” in permanent marker on her garage door. The woman does not know why she was targeted because she does not have any political signs in her yard.
- Leo’s Coney Island, 110 S. Main, Aug. 14: A woman reported someone slashed one of her vehicle tires
Purses, bags taken from cars
- 800 block of Florence, Aug. 9: A woman reported someone broke the driver side window with a brick and stole her purse.
- 100 block of Oak Street, Aug. 9: A woman reported someone broke the passenger side window of her vehicle with a brick and stole a bag containing her iPad.
- 1200 block of W. Farnum, Aug. 12: A woman reported someone smashed the passenger side window and stole her purse.
- 600 block of Fernwood, Aug. 12: A woman reported someone smashed the driver side window and stole her purse.
- 3600 block of Betsy Rose, Aug. 9: A woman reported walking her dog past a home with two large dogs in a fenced backyard. As she past the home, the two dogs jumped the fence and attacked them. Both the woman and her dog were bit and received minor injuries.
- Upton Elementary, 400 Mandalay, Aug. 13: Royal Oak officers responded to a dumpster fire. Upon arrival the officer observed three juveniles walking away from a smoking dumpster. Officers were able to extinguish the fire. The three juveniles were arrested for arson and malicious mischief.
- 1800 block of W. Webster, Aug. 11: Royal Oak officers responded to a possible home invasion in progress when a neighbor reported hearing glass breaking next door. Officers arrived on the scene and located a suspect on the side of the home. Officers observed a chair propped up next to a smashed window. The investigation revealed an intoxicated man and broke the window of a friend’s house so he could sleep there for the night. The man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
- Barnes and Noble, 500 S. Main, Aug. 15: The book seller reported someone wrote song lyrics all over the exterior walls of the business with sidewalk chalk.
For questions about this blotter, email Judy.Davids@patch.com.