Thefts dominated reports to the Royal Oak Police Department for the week of May 24 through May 31.
- 400 block of N. Main, May 24: A woman reported hearing a knock at her front door but did not answer it. Several minutes later the she reported hearing a noise coming from her bedroom. The woman looked in the bedroom and observed a man opening the blinds to the window and attempting to climb into the home. The woman yelled and the suspect fled the area on foot. Royal Oak officers located the man a few blocks away and placed him under arrest for home invasion.
- 1300 block of S. Washington, May 25: A man reported someone entered his residence through his unlocked garage door and stole his iPad and an undisclosed amount of currency.
- 3100 block of Harvard, May 30: A man reported someone attempted to pry his door wall off its track to gain entry to his home.
- , 1900 N. Washington, May 25: A woman reported someone stole her cell phone from her work area.
- Third Street and Troy Street, May 26: A man reported someone stole his 2009 Yamaha motorcycle.
- , 32725 Woodward Avenue, May 30: A woman reported she left the business unsecured for a short period of time. Upon her return she noticed currency missing from the register and her purse lying in the parking lot and her wallet was missing.
- , 25352 Woodward Avenue, May 30: A man reported someone stole his iPhone from his duffel bag.
Items taken from cars
- , 1000 block of E. Eleven Mile, May 24: The business reported someone stole the catalytic converters of a 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier and a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu.
- 1500 block of E. Lincoln, May 28: A man reported someone smashed the rear passenger window on his Jeep and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- , 200 N. Main, May 29: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her purse and several articles of clothing.
- 1500 Lexington, May 25: A man reported someone smashed the driver’s side mirror on his vehicle.
- 200 block of W. Kenilworth, May 27: A man reported someone damaged his fence.
- 700 block of N. Vermont, May 28: A man reported someone threw a landscape rock through the rear window of his vehicle.
- 1100 block of N. Campbell, May 29: A woman reported someone broke the side window of her apartment. It is unclear if the damage was intentional or accidental.
- 300 block of E. Windermere, May 24: A woman reported finding two juveniles at the rear of his property smoking marijuana. Royal Oak officers responded and arrested the suspects for possession of marijuana and possession of rug paraphernalia.
- 4900 block of Cara Court, May 27: A man reported his nephew stole several valuable family heirlooms while visiting. The man attempted to stop his nephew but was pushed to the ground. Additionally, the nephew ripped the phone from the wall so the he could not call the police. The suspect left the area and was later arrested at his home in Farmington Hills for strong armed robbery.
- Troy Street and Pingree, May 30: Royal Oak officers discovered someone placed graffiti on the playground equipment.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com