Highlights from reports from the week of July 19-26:
Man spys over restroom stall
- , 326 S. Main, July 21: A man reported observing an erratic person enter the business after being told to leave the restaurant last week due to his behavior. The man observed the person enter into the woman’s bathroom. The manager entered the woman’s bathroom and observed the man standing on the toilet and peering over the wall of the occupied stall next to him. The man was confronted and then fled the establishment.
Stranger threatens children
- , Lincoln and Campbell, July 24: Several 12 and 13-year-old children were playing baseball in the park when someone approached them and began giving pointers on how to play baseball. When the children asked the man to leave them alone, he began calling the children names and became verbally abusive to them. The man left the area a short time later. He was described as a male, between the age of 30 or 40, with a mustache, bad teeth and wearing a white Adidas ball cap.
- 2100 block of Normandy, July 21: A man reported someone pried open his front door and stole a computer, web camera and laptop computer.
- 3900 block of Elmhurst, July 19: A man reported someone attempted to pry open his garage. No entry was made.
- 1200 block of E. Fifth, July 20: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked detached garage and stole her Cronus CX Pro bicycle.
- 3000 block of Maplewood, July 23: A man reported someone entered his unlocked garage and stole his black Yeti 575 mountain bike.
- 3200 block of Maplewood, July 24: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked home and stole an X-box along with several video games.
- 700 block of Pleasant, July 25: A man reported someone “kicked” in the rear door to his residence. Nothing was missing from the home.
Breaking and entering
- , 1716 N. Stephenson, July 20: A man reported someone entered the business by breaking the lock on the rear door and stole an undisclosed amount of currency.
- , 2533 Crooks, July 20: A man reported someone entered the business by breaking the lock on the rear door and stole an undisclosed amount of currency.
- 400 block of DeVillen, July 23: A man reported someone pried open the side door of his detached garage and stole a generator, welder, and several power tools.
- Premier Technology Exchange, 32106 Woodward, July 19: A man reported someone entered the store and stole two laptops.
- , 3601 W. Thirteen Mile, July 22: A woman reported someone stole her watch and earrings from her purse.
- 900 block of N. Edison, July 20: A man reported someone stole his cell phone during a garage sale.
- 4400 block of Berkshire, July 20: A woman reported someone stole her lawn mower from her front yard.
- , 3601 w. Thirteen Mile, July 20: A man reported that several thousand dollars in wire was stolen from the construction site.
- 3200 block of Shenandoah, July 23: A man reported two men in a newer red pick-up truck arrived at his home and informed him they believed he has sustained water damage to his basement. The resident escorted one of the men to the basement to look for the damage. Upon returning upstairs the resident noticed currency had been stolen from his bedroom. The one of the men was described as being in his early 50s and the other in his late teens or early 20s.
- , Thirteen Mile and Marias, July 24: A man reported someone stole a LED light bar from the stage being erected for the upcoming Shakespeare in the Park event.
- Blue Water Financial, 333 W. Seventh Street, July 23: A woman reported someone entered the front office area and stole her purse from behind a desk.
- 200 N. Main, July 25: A woman reported someone stole her grey 2003 Dodge Intrepid.
Malicious damage to property
- 800 block of S. Main, July 22: A woman reported someone broke the side mirror off her vehicle.
- 1400 block of Amelia, July 22: A man reported someone threw a bottle at his window causing the window to break.
- 700 block of N. Altadena, July 23: A man reported someone broke his storm door.
- 600 block of S. Altadena, July 24: A woman reported someone broke the lock to her privacy fence in order to gain entry to the yard and swim in her pool.
Items taken from cars
- 1100 block of E. Lincoln, July 22: A man reported someone entered his unlocked 2012 Chrysler Town and Country and stole the in-dash stereo.
- 500 block of S. Campbell, July 19: A woman reported someone broke the rear passenger window of her 2011 Chrysler and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 500 block of N. Sherman, July 19: A man reported someone stole the catalytic converter from his Chevy Malibu.
- 700 block of Knowles, July 22: A man reported someone smashed the passenger window on his 2012 GMC and stole the in-dash GPS unit.
- 1200 block of Gardenia, July 23: A man reported someone entered his 2006 Mercury Mountaineer and stole the in-dash GPS unit and a duffel bag.
- 900 block of E. Second, July 24: A man reported someone smashed the passenger side window and stole the in-dash GPS unit from his Dodge Durango.
- 500 block of S. Vermont, July 24: A man reported someone broke the passenger window and stole his in-dash GPS unit from his 2009 Chevrolet Avalanche.
- 300 block of Midland, July 25: A woman reported someone entered her unlocked vehicle and stole her cellular phone, iPod and an undisclosed amount of currency.
- 1100 block of N. Sherman, July 26: A woman reported someone broke the passenger window to her vehicle and stole her purse, containing an undisclosed amount of currency, and a digital camera.
- , 3601 W. 13 Mile, July 20: A woman reported several staff members assaulted her while she was escorted off the premises for attempting to make an audiotape of her conversation with a doctor.
- , 1019 N. Main, July 20: A man reported a male was observed standing in the lobby looking into the exercise room and masturbating. The man attempted to confront him, however, he fled the scene on foot before contact could be made. The suspect is described as a male, approximately 40 years old, wearing an army type hat, hooded sweatshirt and green "fatigue" baggy pants and carrying a backpack.
- Woodward and Lincoln, July 25: A woman reported she was riding the bus from Detroit to Pontiac. When the bus stopped at Woodward and Lincoln, someone grabbed a cellular phone from her hand and ran off the bus.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com.