Thefts dominated reports to the Royal Oak Police Department for this past week.
- 2500 block of Elizabeth, May 5: A woman reported someone entered her home through an unlocked bathroom window. Nothing was stolen from the home.
- 1200 block of W. Farnum, May 4: A woman reported someone forced open her front door and stole a television, jewelry box and a piggy bank.
- 110 block of E. Fifth, May 7: A man reported someone kicked in the rear door and stole a box of coins from the bedroom closet.
- 5000 block of Thorncroft, May 8: A man reported someone entered the home and stole cabinets, bath fixtures and lighting fixtures.
- 2400 block of Benjamin, May 9: A woman reported she was with her husband doing yard work when someone entered the home through an unlocked front door and stole jewelry from a table in the living room.
- 1400 block of N. Alexander, May 7: A man reported someone stole his 1997 Jeep Cherokee.
- 600 block of E. Eleven Mile, May 4: A man reported someone stole his 2002 Dodge Stratus.
- 600 block of E. Farnum, May 7: A woman reported someone stole her 2003 Chevrolet Blazer.
- BP Gas Station, 26001 Woodward Avenue, May 8: A woman reported someone stole her 2007 silver Hummer H3 after she left the keys in the ignition and entered the store. The suspect is described as a male in his 20s with a thin build. The suspect had on a red baseball cap and a grey hooded sweatshirt.
- LA Fitness, 25352 Woodward Avenue, May 9: Witness reported seeing five males sitting in a silver Dodge Intrepid. One of the males exited the Intrepid, walked up to a silver 2012 Jeep Liberty, smashed the driver's side window and stole the vehicle.
- AT&T, 30254 Woodward Avenue, May 4: A woman reported someone stole a Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Seventh Street and Center Street, May 8: A man reported someone stole his backpack from the parking lot.
Items taken from cars
- YMCA, 1016 W. Eleven Mile, 4-7: A woman reported someone smashed the driver side window of her Chrysler Town and Country and stole her in-dash GPS unit.
- Belle Tire, 200 S. Stephenson, May 8: A woman reported someone stole the catalytic converter from her red Honda CRX.
- Green Lantern, 4326 Rochester, May 9: A man reported someone stole the catalytic converter from his 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier. Video surveillance of the area showed a possible suspect in a black 2004 or 2005 Chevy Impala park next to the man’s vehicle. A male in a white T-shirt exited the Impala and returned a short time later and placed something in the trunk.
- 100 block of Amelia, May 4: A man reported someone gouged several scratches into his vehicle and poured sugar into his gas tank.
- Shrine of the Little Flower, 2100 W. Twelve Mile, May 5: Royal Oak officers investigated the trespass complaint of a 42-year-old man. While searching the building for the individual, officers located a large banner that had been damaged. A review of the security video system identified the suspect. The officers were familiar with the suspect and located him a short time later near Woodward and Thirteen Mile. The suspect was taken into custody and charged with malicious damage to property.
- BP Gas Station, 2419 E. Eleven Mile, May 4: A woman reported during a road rage incident on Interstate 75 she pulled off the freeway and into a gas station lot. A female followed her off the freeway and approached the woman’s vehicle and sprayed her with pepper spray and then drove away. The female is described as in her late teens with a ponytail and weave, and wearing green scrubs. The teen’s vehicle is described as a 2012 black Mazda.
- Royal Oak High School, 1500 Lexington, May 9: A woman reported someone smashed the windshield of her vehicle.
If you have any questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@Patch.com