Thefts dominated reports to the for June 14-21:
Man punched from behind in downtown Royal Oak
- Main and Third streets, June 16: A man reported being punched from behind by a man who then got into a white Hyundai and fled the scene. Royal Oak officers located the man and his vehicle a few blocks away and arrested him on a charge of assault and battery.
Barking dog alerts woman to 'peeping Tom'
- 300 block of Sixth Street, June 20: A woman reported a tall thin man was on her apartment complex roof looking into her bedroom window while she slept. Her barking dog alerted her, she said. The man fled when she screamed.
- Second and Main streets, June 14: A man reported someone stole his black 2002 Suzuki motorcycle.
- 1800 block of North Main, June 17: A man reported he was contacted by Wayne State University Police and told his vehicle was sitting on the Detroit campus and appeared to have been stolen. He called Royal Oak Police and reported his vehicle was stolen between June 15-17.
- 2900 block of West 13 Mile, June 16: A man reported someone stole his gray 2000 Jeep Cherokee.
Bicycles stolen from garages; TV, Xbox taken from homes
- 400 block of North Troy, June 14: A man reported someone entered his garage through the side door and stole his black Trek mountain bike.
- 600 block of MacWilliams Lane, June 17: A man reported someone entered his garage and stole his black BMX bicycle.
- 3300 block of Prairie, June 16: A woman reported someone stole a pink Schwinn bicycle from a detached garage.
- 500 block of Ninth Street, June 15: A man reported someone stole his orange Sunday BMX bicycle from his garage.
- 300 block of West LaSalle, June 20: A man reported someone stole his television and Xbox system. He believes they entered through the locked front door of his home.
Breaking and entering at businesses
- Radio Shack, 29160 Woodward Ave., June 17: The business reported someone smashed the glass to the front door with a piece of concrete. No entry was gained to the store.
- , 110 N. Washington, June 15: The business reported someone smashed out the dead bolt cylinder on the front door but did not enter the store.
- , 1815 N. Main, June 15: A woman reported someone stole her purse and cell phone from the bar.
- 2500 block of Galpin, June 17: A woman reported someone stole her necklace and gold ring.
- , 215 W. Fifth, June 20: A woman reported someone her designer purse when she left it in the VIP section.
- 1000 block of North Wilson, June 20: A man reported he ordered ammunition from an online company and never received it. He contacted the company and it said the order was delivered and someone signed another name to accept the delivery.
Malicious damage to property
- Fifth and Center streets, June 14: Royal Oak officers responded to the area of Fifth and Center when a witness reported a man was breaking side mirrors of vehicles as he walked through the alley. Officers located the suspect who admitted to breaking the mirror off of two vehicles. He was arrested on a charge of malicious damage to property.
- 1900 block of Dorchester Court, June 14: A man reported someone egged his vehicle and then dumped pink paint on it.
- Freed Project, 350 N. Main, June 17: A man reported seeing someone sitting on the exterior walls of the business with a black marker writing graffiti on the building. The person fled. She was described as a woman, 17-19 years of age, with shoulder-length dark blond hair, a white shirt and a khaki handbag.
- 500 block of East Lincoln, June 16: A woman reported someone keyed her 2006 silver Pontiac G6.
- Sixth and Main streets, June 15: A man reported someone threw an unknown object at his windshield, causing it to crack.
Items taken from cars
- , 1320 E. 11 Mile, June 14: A man reported someone broke into his Chrysler Town & Country minivan and stole his in-dash GPS unit.
- 100 block of South Main, June 16: A man reported someone stole the spare tire from the rear of his 2009 Jeep Wrangler.
- , 1403 Lexington, June 17: A man reported someone entered his 2003 Dodge Ram pickup and stole his iPad and an undisclosed amount of money.
- 606 Williams, June 19: A man reported someone stole the catalytic converter from his 1999 Pontiac Sunfire.
For questions about this report, email Judy.Davids@patch.com.